Introduction/Baseline stats

Options
Hey guys,

So i need baseline data to start the experiment. The following is the info I need from everyone for this experiment

Basline stats

Sex:
Height:
Weight:
BP: (super easy to obtain at your local drugstore or wally world)

You can feel free to respond to this post with your information or message me privately with the stats.

Stats are Due by May 4th 2014.
Experiment Starts May 5th 2014
Experiment Ends June 15th 2014

Replies

• OliverTheSweet
    Options
    Female
    5'5 1/2
    208.8 lbs
    121/60 was my last BP reading
  • slimjsk
    slimjsk Posts: 3
    Options
    Sex: Female
    Height: 1.56m
    Weight: 83kg
    BP: not known but is always in the normal range when I go to the doctor.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    female
    5'5
    116/68
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Well, this looks like a certified sh[/i]itshow, don't it? What's this experiment for and what is the group leader's experience and qualifications? She does have experience with this, right? Certainly she must have a way of making sure random strangers that sign up aren't endangering their health, right?

No? Yep, this is a sh[/i]itshow
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Great idea.

Ignore the criticism, people.

ALL the criticism??? Even the criticism that is entirely valid?

I'm not sure that I agree with that advice.
  • DavPul
    Options
    I recommend that people don't get their medical and health advice from self published fantastical scribblings offered in kindle form. But hey, that's just me.
  • DavPul
    Options
    epic comeback. do you also get your putdowns from self published e-books that the authors that can't find anyone to pay for their drivel?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I recommend that people don't get their medical and health advice from self published fantastical scribblings offered in kindle form. But hey, that's just me.

Where do you get yours?

Wait, I can guess from your picture...

Wait, what? :huh:

What can you possibly tell about his medical and health status from a picture of his face???

ETA: But as for OP, in what way does it make sense to invite people to an "experiment" such as this? Doesn't this imply that she is some kind of authority on the subject and that the outcome (and appropriateness for any one individual) is unknown? Personally, I think it is ill-advised at best and dangerous at worst without the participants better understanding what is at stake.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Where do you get yours?

What can you possibly tell about his medical and health status from a picture of his face???

ETA: But as for OP, in what way does it make sense to invite people to an "experiment" such as this? Doesn't this imply that she is some kind of authority on the subject and that the outcome (and appropriateness for any one individual) is unknown? Personally, I think it is ill-advised at best and dangerous at worst without the participants better understanding what is at stake.

LOL!

Don't want to miss a SECOND of stuffing your face with food, do you?

Do you have even the vaguest idea what you're on about?

The frequency with which you tend to jump to the most bogus of assumptions is fascinating.
  • DavPul
    Options
    Well, at least he's a snazzy dresser, so he's got that going for him
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Well, at least he's a snazzy dresser, so he's got that going for him

I heard that intermittent fasting causes nearsightedness which requires people to need readers.

I'm thinking about conducting an online experiment to test this...if only there was a way to make it sound legit to get subjects into my experiment.

If only...

Oh, I know! I'll ask for some basic stats and go from there. Brilliant!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    C'mon, DavPul, put the profile pic of your face back up so Steve098 will be better able to determine your credibility (or whatever else he uses that kind of information for to make other determinations about you). Based on my face pic, he determined that I spend every second stuffing my face...(unless he creeped the other pics in my profile which may or may not provide any additional information about my eating habits...*shrug*).

:huh:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Where do you get yours?

LOL!

WTF???? I don't get what you think you are saying. How in the world could you jump to this conclusion from a picture of his (hawt) face?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Where do you get yours?

LOL!

That's an entirely idiotic statement to make about someone who has never been fat.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Where do you get yours?

LOL!

That's an entirely idiotic statement to make about someone who has never been fat.

The don't post with authority on a thread for people who are trying to lose weight. Go drink a protein shake or something. We are talking about important health issues here.

Yeah! We're talking about important health issues here and we don't want any input from people who have had success improving their health.

We're getting to the heart of.........something. And we only want people who are serious about ........... things. .... and...... and stuff.
  • DavPul
    Options

The don't post with authority on a thread for people who are trying to lose weight. Go drink a protein shake or something. We are talking about important health issues here.

based on the evidence in front of me i can only come to one conclusion. the chick that posted this quote was drunk

7dyWx7f.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Where do you get yours?

LOL!

I'm curious, are you really Professor Sebastian Johnston? If so, MFP seems like a weird venue for you to share your knowledge of respiratory medicine and allergy. And is Steve a common nickname for Sebastian?

(Alternatively, if it isn't actually you and you're using a fake pic, I would have expected you to use a pic of Hagan...or Guyton...like a tribute of sorts.)

Anyhow, back to the topic of this thread:

Sex: Male
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 176
    BP: 90/60
  • 39laurita39
    39laurita39 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm excited about this experiment :) these are my stats:

Sex: female
    Height: 5'0"
    Weight: 112
  • DavPul
    Options
    lk3qwcj.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Where do you get yours?

LOL!

I'm curious, are you really Professor Sebastian Johnston? If so, MFP seems like a weird venue for you to share your knowledge of respiratory medicine and allergy. And is Steve a common nickname for Sebastian?

(Alternatively, if it isn't actually you and you're using a fake pic, I would have expected you to use a pic of Hagan...or Guyton...like a tribute of sorts.)

Anyhow, back to the topic of this thread:

Sex: Male
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 176

LOL.

Is that who the picture is of?

Great research.

I am impressed.

Wait.

So you're using a fake picture in your avi and are claiming you don't even know who it's of?

:huh:

That's...unusual.