MINT TEAM

Options
elsie1928
elsie1928 Posts: 378 Member
Hello everyone and welcome to the challenge. I hope you are all excited to get going. I know I am! The last challenge was not great for me, too much going on and motivation was on the back burner. I hope we can all help each other achieve our goals and I look forward to being part of the team and motivating each of you as much as possible. I will be sending all my mint team pals a friend request over the next couple of days - if for some reason you haven't heard from me, please do send me a friend request so you can see weigh-in reminders on your news feed.

A bit about me, I am 37 years old, married and have 2 boys (7 and 4). I am currently living in Bahrain which is a teeny tiny island off Saudi Arabia in the Persian Gulf but am half Greek and half English. I have lost 8.5 kilos since joining MFP properly in Aug 2013. Most of it was lost last year. I am still trying to get rid of the baby weight (after 4 years.....) and have another 10 - 12 kilos to go before I reach my ideal weight. I don't take myself too seriously at all, welcome feedback and look forward to a successful challenge with all of you over the next 12 weeks. Oh and I have a serious chocolate addiction....

Replies

• asbrassard91
    asbrassard91 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Happy to be back on Team Mint!

I haven't been logging since the last challenge ended and have definitely gained weight since coming back from vacation a couple of weeks ago. I'm really excited for this challenge to start so I can get back into the swing of things and stay accountable!

For those who are new to the team, I'm Amanda. I'm a 22 year-old living with my husband and our puppy in Salt Lake City, Utah. I currently work full-time in the field of adolescent mental health and am also a full-time student at a local university. I will finally be graduating with my Bachelors of Science in Sociology later this month and am really excited to be done with school so I'll have more time to devote to exercising! My goals include reaching a healthy weight and then I would like to start working on gaining more strength.

Excited to meet you all! These challenges are great for staying accountable and establishing an awesome support network!
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm Lori. 51 y.o. and married with 4 adult children and soon to be 10 grandchildren. I'm looking forward to the next 12 weeks, seeing what I can lose and trying to overcome the obstacles that have kept me from losing consistently in the past. Weekends are my biggest challenge as I am traveling with a group most weekends and will have no control over when or where we stop for meals and exercise is nil while traveling. I'll have to make smarter choices while on the road(eating) and try to pick up the pace through the week with my food intake, water and exercise.

Also I do not have a smart phone or any way to log onto MFP while I'm gone on weekends.:grumble:
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My name is Amy. I am 27 and I am married with one baby girl who is 1.5 years old.

I steadily gained weight over the 6 months after I had my baby until I was at my maximum pregnancy weight again, 211 pounds. That was a scary moment. It really made me motivated to lose the weight. I have lost over 50 lbs on myfitnesspal (and before that tracking my food in a paper food journal) since I had my baby on Aug 21, 2012. I am super proud!

I have about 7 pounds to go until I am in the healthy BMI range (at around 149 lbs), but my goal has been 135 since the beginning. I am happy at the weight I am now (157), but will be proud to get into the healthy range.

I am looking forward to this challenge and seeing everyone's results- I'm sure that will be really motivating. So keep up the good work everyone!!!!
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelly . I am 51 and separated.I have been trying so hard and i still let my hopefully soon to be ex get me down. I did really good with the last challenge but a lot is causing me stress and i have lost control.I have 3 grown children and 1 granddaughter. I live in Virginia.
    I'm going to do my best for the team and myself.If any body can help get me motivated please feel free to friend me.
  • 1crvygrl
    Options
    So far this week I've been doing pretty good with the exercise (though I could always do more) but not so good on food and water intake. Tonight we have a birthday party for 2 grandchildren (one's today , one's Sat.) and today is my husband's birthday:love: so hoping for a better end of the week.:flowerforyou:
  • shuki_cotren
    Options
    I also need to drink more water! The day gets so busy and I realize my water bottle has been sitting there since I got to work at the same level...
    I've been doing better with exercise since I joined this challenge- I've walked 4 miles so far this week on the treadmill, making sure my heart rate is up by using the incline. My goal for April is 50 miles. I have to walk an average of 2 miles a day to achieve that, which is daunting, but I think that I can do it as long as I keep waking up early and doing it before work and building that new habit.
  • 1crvygrl
    Options
    I didn't have a good week last week and gained but I've lost what I gained and am hoping to keep it off and to try to lose additional weight by Friday:tongue:
  • shuki_cotren
    Options
    Same with me 1crvygrl.... I gained like 5 pounds over a long Easter weekend. Then I lost it throughout the last 5 days. But now I'm back to where I was last weigh in. Oh well! I have high motivation for weight loss in May!
  • 1crvygrl
    Options
    I had another week of gaining. I'm hoping for a loss next week. I've been doing better with my diet and started 30 day shred yesterday.
  • elsie1928
    elsie1928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Good luck with 30 day shred. How's it going 1crvygrl?

Hope you are all having a good week. Mine is going quite well so far. Fingers crossed for a nice loss. I have been doing a very good job of staying the same so far on the challenge....
  • shuki_cotren
    Options
    Sorry you guys! I won't be participating in the challenge anymore due to getting pregnant! Good luck to you!
  • 1crvygrl
    Options
    Sorry you guys! I won't be participating in the challenge anymore due to getting pregnant! Good luck to you!
    CONGRATULATIONS:flowerforyou:
  • 1crvygrl
    Options
    I've finally had a loss! I restarted 30 DS on Monday and have really been watching my diet. Seeing some results gives me the motivation to keep going.
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Keep it up 1crvygrl I think the video will really work you out. I'm not able to work out because of my recent surgery and i can already feel my muscle i built up get soft.