You had a bad day...

Options
julieworley376
julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
the scales don't lie. LOL okay enough of that.

Question I have for you is.. did you have a bad day? Or did you have one bad moment that turned into a bad day?

Replies

• lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good point!
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I try not to use the scale as the measure of my day. Evil scale!!! Instead, I'm weighing in every 2 weeks at my doctor's.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Oh Julie, since you want me to confess my sins.

I had a bad moment, thank goodness it was at the end the day so i couldn't do much more damage.

It was last night, everyone i live with had gone out of town for thee weekend so i was alone. I hadn't had breakfast that morning because I had allowed myself to sleep in, so i had quite a few extra calories left over after lunch (1,500). So of course in my head I thought I can enjoy these extra calories. The flood gates of cravings opened up. An hour later and their was an oh so delicious pepperoni pizza in front of me. Apparently this is yet another food where I can't allow myself to be alone around because i simply ate to much. I knew I was, i knew i should stop but i went ahead and did it anyway. I even stood in front of the box and told myself "thats plenty" and then two more slices were gone. Apparently I had the feel that disgustingly full feeling before I could snap myself out of the thought process (something i could have easily done with a delicious salad but instead did it with pizza). Of course I chose a food that makes it hard to guess the calories. In the end I gave it all my calories left for the day, though i wouldn't be surprised if the damage was more. Funny thing is i started this desire by looking up the calories for a pizza from a known pizza place and could have known exactly what i could and couldn't eat, but no I went (I think in part on purpose) for the one i couldn't tell.

Not the best way to end the week. But its done with. I'm awake now and will head down to breakfast. I'll start the day out well again and allow the left over to visit the sink disposal, because i simply can't have them around right now.

I need to work on being able to trust myself. I told myself when i started this I would work to be able to enjoy what i ate, especially when eating healthily, and that when a true craving came along i would allow myself to enjoy it. Apparently their are some things as of yet i still can't quite allow myself to enjoy without overindulging, especially when i have extra calories to spare or am alone and unaccountable to others around me who know what i am trying to achieve.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    RatPat13 - Pizza is one of those foods for me too. I have learned to deal with it in two different ways. (1) Only eat pizza out when I can order it one slice at a time. I order once slice. Then if I really want another, and have enough calories I can get a second one. (2) Only buy the small personal sized thin crust pizzas - California Pizza Kitchen make a small thin crust pizza that is about 450 calories for the entire thing. I keep a couple of those in the freezer. When a pizza craving hits and I have the calories, then I can eat the entire thing.

Portion control is hard for me. So I try to make it so that portion sizes are fixed and I have to make a very conscious decision to have more of something.

And sometimes, you just have to pig out on pizza. When it happens, do exactly what you did. Make your best effort to log it, and then move on.

When I go over on calories I try to compare the total to my maintenance calorie level. If I haven't gone over maintenance, then I know that the worst I have done is slow down my weight loss. That helps me pick up and move on.
  • cekennon
    cekennon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    that was it! I had a bad moment (which I still had under control )which led to a bad rest of the day

I was doing fine and then a situation happened and I was upset. I started to crave candy...I saw it, I felt it - really my eyes were open to exactly what was going on. I wanted comfort and candy would comfort me. Instead of eating a bag of M & M's from the break room - I used a quarter to get less than a hand full from next door. BIG win for me I felt-(Im looking for even the slightest change). Then I had to go visit a friend after work and I had no time to eat at home and only $5...I didn't know what to eat and where and I had just enough time to run thru a fast food line. I sat at McDonalads looking over the whole menu and fighting with myself what I could eat and rive with. The girl was getting inpatient with me on the call box. LOL I wanted a hamburger and fries so bad....but I thought well I guess chicken nuggets would be the best choice. I was starving and although a 10 pc would have been enough - I ate a 20 piece and was somewhat stuffed. On my way home from my friends house hours later I was still feeling the emotions from earlier and then stopped and got an ice cream cone at DQ. I didn't need it - I felt I earned it for my day.
    I thought well maybe I just wont write that down on MFP but who would I be kidding...so I did...and I am ok. within my bad day I see many good things - I saw myself "stuffing" and "clingy" to old habits - but I was also able to modify by eating a quarters worth than a whole bag.
    I refuse to give up! I have to work on, if I have a bad moment..I DONT have to have a bad day!
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    CE, I can totally relate!
  • cekennon
    cekennon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I totally get you RATPAT - if my kids are home and they leave ice cream I put garbage in the container and then throw it away. If I have a pizza in the house I have to eat what a portion is and throw away the rest which kills me because there are so many that don't have.
    What I do now if buy grocery just for a couple foo days out as to not have to much to eat in the house
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    A timely post from the myftinesspal blog for the topic of self control:
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/04/do-you-have-more-self-control-than-you-think