How many Kids/how far along are you?

Options
kirssienbre
kirssienbre Posts: 19 Member
Hey everyone, so I was just curious as to how many children you all have or how many weeks along you are. I currently have two beautiful girls and am 18 weeks pregnant.

Replies

• tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    One child - a daughter who will be 8 next month. Due in June with a little boy.,
  • busybarbie
    busybarbie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    'Well I have two boys one is 16 the other is 10 and not planning to have anymore...I think I have my hands full.. want to enjoy them like I am doing to the fullest..
  • kirssienbre
    Options
    Sounds great guys my children actually have quite an age difference, my first born is 9 years old and my second girl is 17 months. The little one won't quite be two by the time I have my third one and I told my husband I would like to be done. We keep going on rounds with this however because he says he would like more and I say my body cannot take more of it lol.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    You have almost exactly the age gap that my kids will have. My daughter will be 8 this month and my son will be born in June.
    How has the age difference been for you? Do your kids get along well? Do they play together?

My husband and I are both undecided on whether or not we are done. But, I am pretty sure if I told him I have decided I am done, he wouldn't argue.
  • kirssienbre
    Options
    My nine year old is such a little mom it is so cute. We did talk about what it would be like when the baby came before I had my 17month old and I explained to her that I would not have her do anything she didn't want to. I think that talk helped a lot because she wants to do a lot of things and when she tells me no, I don't argue the subject with her. Unless it's one of those "I need to take a shower hunny watch your sister for a few mins." But she wants to get her milk in the morning and make her plates when we eat its so sweet. They play very well together little games like peek-a-boo or where's the baby. The games I told my nine year old the baby could play and then one day I noticed that my nine year old taught my little one how to play tag. I couldn't believe it, she doesn't really get the whole jist of the game but she will touch you and turn around running away laughing and when you chase her back she does try to stay away it is cute. My nine year old will sing to her as well. It's definitely been big help having a much older child. The only thing is they have to play baby games. We can't wait for it to warm up here so we all can go to the park together.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    That sounds fun. My family is a little ... different, lol. I can see the games they play getting rough and that is what scares me. My daughter is a tomboy all the way around. She is going to be my little track star - she loves to run. She is very outdoorsy and loves hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, etc... I can totally see my daughter and son playing together like boys - playing in the mud, getting into mischief and wanting build things, or tear them apart.
    But, my daughter has a strong motherly instinct too. She loves babies and can do everything, warming a bottle, changing a diaper and holding the baby right. I am sure she is going to be a HUGE help and is going to want to do everything. I am not concerned about her not wantingnto help, I am concerned about whether or not I can get her to leave the baby alone, lol. Thanks for sharing your experience, I am sure my kids will get along fine :)
  • kirssienbre
    Options
    My nine is old loves fishing and would like her dad to take her hunting too, but he says she's not old enough yet. I think the fact that she would not be quite while they are out has something to do with it. We have however been practicing shooting a bow and she is so good. I told him we need to a better one for her. She can hit the target right on with a string bow and I would love to see what she could do with a cross bow. Or a moving target. She is not a tomboy though, she does cheerleading but wont wear dresses, loves makeup and nail polish which I think is funny because I don't wear either lol. Your daughter sounds like she would be a blast, I bet she does great on a track team.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Unfortunately, the only running events around here for kids are not teams. There is 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile and 1 mile races and then there is the triathlon once a year and that's it. She will be running the 1 mile Kids IronMan next month and we are training for the triathlon, I have high hopes on that one.
    She has gone out hunting with dad several times but has only shot something herself once(Maybe she is noisy and scares everything off) but my husband doesn't care. He is patient and his favorite part of hunting is just being out there anyways, he doesn't care if they don't bring anything home. She isn't very good with a bow, but is amazing with a .22 rifle. She can hit the bulleye every single time!
    My daughter loves cute clothes. More studded jeans and fitted cute shirts though than dresses. But, she will get dressed in her cutest pair of jeans, sparkly shirt, French braided hair with a bow in it and then beg to go do something like hunting or fishing, lol. I was a lot the same way as a child, all of my dresses were stained and had holes before I grew out of them.
    As a toddler, she was a typical little boy. You would expect to find your 2yr old girl playing house, dolls or getting into mom's makeup and clothes. Not her. She would be in the back yard making mud pies, playing dinosaurs and monsters, she loved the Tonka trucks and was always into mischief.
    She is a ton of fun! :)
  • lreynolds2019
    lreynolds2019 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have two beautiful girls. One just turned 2 years old on the 7th and one turned 6 months on the 8th. I am having such a hard time getting this weight off my belly :( I currently weigh 153 lbs and would like to get ot 130lbs. How did you all get that baby weight off?
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    I actually lost weight easily after having my daughter. At 3 months postpartum I was the lowest weight of my adult life - it all just fell off.

What happened in the years following that was entirely my fault. 7 years after having my daughter I had gained another 60lbs!

I am not sure if I am going to get so lucky this time and have the weight melt off again but one way or another I will get it off! And, this time it will stay off!