I am 6 ft tall

Options
hi my name is savannah and I am 6ft tall and I weigh 386. I was wondering if there is any ladies out there who are tall and in the 300 pounds or lost 200 pounds. I just really struggling. also I wanted to know what is a realistic weight to be. thank you. if you want to add me that's fine.

Replies

• jadzia11
    jadzia11 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi, I started at 250lbs and I am currently at 240.
    My ultmative goal weight is something between 170 and 160lbs, but I am now tackeling my weight 10lbs at a time.
  • Healthynewme22
    Options
    ok that sounds good. thanks!:happy:
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I am also 6 feet tall.

What worked for me was making smaller incremental goals.

Perhaps your first one can be 350, then 325, then 300 and so on...That way you can chart progress and not deal with overwhelming numbers.

I didn't even pick a goal weight initially. I have a rough idea of where I think I'd be good, but I am taking a "watch and wait" approach.
  • Healthynewme22
    Options
    that's a great idea! Thanks!
  • Tymeforme68
    Tymeforme68 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also agree with the above post of making small goals. I started at 293 2 months ago and have lost 31 lbs. I gained my weight in the last 10 years and have decided I am worth putting in the work to feel good and not have to shop in a plus size store anymore. I really dont care what size I end up being but being able to have more, cute choices will be so worth the time spent :)
  • Healthynewme22
    Options
    that's what I want. my mind is telling me what size I should be but I know as long as I am healthy it shouldn't matter. thanks! :happy:
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me I am 6ft tall and live quite a healthy life
  • Healthynewme22
    Options
    ok thanks!:happy:
  • Isaperard
    Isaperard Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 ft. My goal is between 160-170. I've lost nearly 30 pounds so far. Feel free to add me!
  • loriwarnerpaulsen
    loriwarnerpaulsen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Savanah - I'm 6'3" and started at 326 and am down to 313. Here's what I found...I'm 47 and it's just harder to lose now but I've decided it's not a diet. It will have to be the way I eat from now on. My goal is 20 pounds at a time. I hit my first 20 pound goal and now I'm on to the second.

One word of caution...we big and tall girls can lose a lot of weight and nobody sees it and we're not down a bunch of sizes so you have to just feel good about eating better for a while until it really starts to come off.

You can do this and we're all here to support you!!! Lori
  • Healthynewme22
    Options
    Thanks Lori!:happy: