Options
The dvd, or here is the youtube link for level 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh_VDd5288g
A mat if you are on a hard surface
One light hand weight, one heavy
something comfortable to workout in
bottle of water near by

Here is the Ripped in 30 meal plan to get the optimal results
http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf
She says its best to work 5-6 days a week, with at least one rest day

Replies

• chmosby
    chmosby Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'll have to double up one of my shred days since I took 2 rest days so I finish on 4/30. Should still be doable.

Do you think a 3lb for the light weight and an 8lb for the heavy will work?
  • woodshel2
    Options
    Wasn't a fan of Jillian until I tried a couple of her workouts, was on a great schedule, but had an injury 2-3 weeks ago and haven't gone back. Maybe joining this group will re-light my motivation!!!
  • jeremymetcalf10
    Options
    I'm starting this, Sunday! https://www.youtube.com/user/xoxxmaryxxox/videos

All four videos. I'm going to post up before and after pictures.
  • netty99
    netty99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is great! Can't wait to get started. I run my first 5k ever on Sunday, then gear up for my second one three weeks later. This will be doable for me! Looking forward to it. Come on May 1st!
  • CuAlMc
    CuAlMc Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just started this yesterday. so will add an extra few days to each week so that I can finish at the end of may.
  • StephanieT0602
    StephanieT0602 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Any one have any experience with doing this type of work out barefoot? I know it's not ideal, but I have a busted up toe which makes working out in running shoes a little painful right now. Zumba is pretty much all I've been doing the past month because I can comfortably do that barefoot, but it's getting a little boring after the same old routine for a month.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I started this last week, and was up to day 3/week 1, but....did too much weight with my squats, and pulled something in my quad. So I've taken the last 3 days to rest and feel much better today. Going to resume tomorrow. I did this series last year and saw great results, but I'm not in as good shape now as I was then.

What is the group recommendation for completion of each level? Last year I worked each week until I felt I had the moves down pat, so not set # of work outs. What is this group doing?
  • Jade2240
    Jade2240 Posts: 162
    Options
    Any one have any experience with doing this type of work out barefoot? I know it's not ideal, but I have a busted up toe which makes working out in running shoes a little painful right now. Zumba is pretty much all I've been doing the past month because I can comfortably do that barefoot, but it's getting a little boring after the same old routine for a month.
    I do my 30 day shred workout barefoot it's a lot more comfortable I think
  • Jade2240
    Jade2240 Posts: 162
    Options
    I started this last week, and was up to day 3/week 1, but....did too much weight with my squats, and pulled something in my quad. So I've taken the last 3 days to rest and feel much better today. Going to resume tomorrow. I did this series last year and saw great results, but I'm not in as good shape now as I was then.

What is the group recommendation for completion of each level? Last year I worked each week until I felt I had the moves down pat, so not set # of work outs. What is this group doing?
    I do each level for ten days on 30 day shred, but with this DVD having 4 levels, I might just go until I feel like it's getting easier then move to the next level.
  • MrsV1983
    MrsV1983 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The DVD recommendation is doing Level 1 during Week 1, Level 2 during Week 2, Level 3 during Week 3 and Level 4 on Week 4. This is what I plan to do! But I think it's also a good idea for those who need or want that extra time for each level, to do it for as long as they'd like. I am going to Vegas for a bachelorette weekend at the end of May so I want to get through the whole DVD by then.

Best of luck to everyone!
  • thanson563
    thanson563 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do my 30 day shred workout barefoot it's a lot more comfortable I think

I started out doing 30DS barefoot, but ran into problems with my ankles. But I actually googled it at one point, and it seems most people do it barefoot. I just have old feet, I guess!
  • Shortontime
    Shortontime Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS barefoot and I'm on W3D1 of RI30 barefoot. I prefer it for stability. I've no concerns of dropping my hand weights during this exercise.

I would like to re-do RI30 in May with you all while more closely following the food guide as a guide for nutrition during the 30 days.
  • sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What would be considered a light hand weight and what would be considered heavy?
    I've never done any at home work outs...
  • Apollo090
    Apollo090 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What would be considered a light hand weight and what would be considered heavy?

It all depends on your current strength and how you'll progress through RI30. For me a light weight is 3lbs and heavy is 5-8lbs depending on the exercise. Try dumbbell rows or curls with a lighter weight and see how many you can do until you're sore. If you're feeling it around 12reps, that's light. Burning up at 6reps =heavy. You can't really know til you try as it's all relative to your strength and the exercise in particular....
  • woodshel2
    Options
    Starting back up with these routines tonight. :-) excited for this group!!!
  • sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    Options

It all depends on your current strength and how you'll progress through RI30. For me a light weight is 3lbs and heavy is 5-8lbs depending on the exercise. Try dumbbell rows or curls with a lighter weight and see how many you can do until you're sore. If you're feeling it around 12reps, that's light. Burning up at 6reps =heavy. You can't really know til you try as it's all relative to your strength and the exercise in particular....

Thank you!
  • scole1008
    scole1008 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started this DVD this week, just completed 30 day shred. So far I really like this dvd. I am on my 5th day and I am sore but in a good way.
  • sweetu24
    sweetu24 Posts: 21
    Options
    I started this DVD this week, just completed 30 day shred. So far I really like this dvd. I am on my 5th day and I am sore but in a good way.

How many days a week you are planning to workout ?
  • Nomatterhowsmall
    Nomatterhowsmall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So excited for this group and challenge! I was looking for something to pump up my routine and get ready for summer! I started MFP in fall of 2012 and since then have completed four 5ks an 8k and have lost around 30lbs! :D Let's do this! Good luck to everyone!
  • EmiDeeDoo
    EmiDeeDoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My DVD's in the mail and I only have my light weights at the mo', but I'm looking forward to giving it a try. :) I only just started 30 Day Shred again last week, but since I did it last year I'm a little too used to and maddened by the dialogue to watch it every day again. Fresh start!