OHP video - Rippetoe Patform 2

Options
rlw911
rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
I've noticed a few people asking about the lovely OHP, so I thought I'd post this again, since several ladies said it has helped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMAiNQJ6FPc&list=HL1398351893

:happy:

Replies

• katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!! :happy:
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Tagging to check out later
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wow...

When I first started watching I wasn't sure what he was doing..

then as I saw people do it I was like...hmmm I don't think I have ever done that (with the hips) then I realized I have...unconciously on the reps I am having a hard time with I know I have leaned back and pushed my hips forward...I might video myself tonight to check this out since I am on a heavy weight for me and failed on Monday.
  • Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks, will watch later x
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options
    Rippetoe reminds me of my old physics professor...

Good to know the hip motion is a good/necessary thing. I've been doing it but I assumed I should try and minimize it. ::shooting star:: the more you know...
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Will check this out when i have time to watch it all.
  • tinkystyle
    tinkystyle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Oh wow...just seeing this and it's different from the videos I've seen. Guess he changed his method, I learned the old way where you breathe at the top, and bounce off the chest on the way down. We'll see if I can change my ways!!! Very interesting!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Bump to watch later.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Oh wow...just seeing this and it's different from the videos I've seen. Guess he changed his method, I learned the old way where you breathe at the top, and bounce off the chest on the way down. We'll see if I can change my ways!!! Very interesting!

Yeah, that's the way he teaches it now. It takes some practice to get it right, but when you do, it really helps!