What makes you feel strong?

Options
seidel1325
seidel1325 Posts: 94 Member
I'm 29 weeks pregnant right now and constantly "feel" weak. When I walk up the stairs, I feel out of breath. When I go out for a run I have to stop after awhile; I have to fight round ligament pain. After I lift weights, my back aches and/or get sciatica. I eat something and my "heart burns." I changed my profile pic to remind myself everyday that I was once really strong and will be strong again. Bottom line: tell me what you did today or recently that reaffirmed you are still pregnant and strong!

Replies

• HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    YOGA!
    Especially after all the standing/lunging poses... warrior, squats, right angle, etc.
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5K yesterday at 18 weeks preggo and I'm still on a high from it! LOL I, too, have been feeling myself get weaker and weaker throughout this pregnancy. Getting the flu, bronchitis and a random cold in the first trimester didn't help! But it was so affirming to actually run the whole thing yesterday, since I haven't been able to do that since I got pregnant!
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am 29 weeks too and know for a fact I am not as strong as i was pre-pregnancy. I get short of breath and my heart starts pounding often.
    After my daily 60 min walk, i feel very refreshed and happy, exhausted, but happy, lol
    I have learned that I should give myself a break every 10 minutes of walking to regain my strength. After 35 minutes, i stop for about 15 minutes before I start walking again.

Your body is dealing with a lot, all at once, at such a short period of time, don't strain it :) Good luck.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I kept walking and kept pushing myself to exercise and keep going. I felt better when I just did it.
    That was, until it got super hot here. Since the day we hit 100° (even though it has gone back down and we are in low 90s) I have felt weak and tired. The heat just kills me and I have been unable to find a way to combat that.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You're growing a human being! Enough said!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Walking makes me feel strong (after) and yoga is great!

I also feel amazing after naps. :)
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Our joints DO losen up to get ready for labor and fatigue is a real thing, so I feel you on this one. I'm only 7wks on right now so I'm still feeling okay, but from my first pregnancy, I would always feel better after doing a prenatal pilates DVD. They gear it towards the tri you're in so you can work out to your level and feel good afterwards, not dead. Hang in there, chickie, you're gaining mental strength!