Fun Activities!!

Options
julieworley376
julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
What are some of the fun activities you are doing to get fit? It might give others good ideas.

For me it's walking, walking our dogs out in the parks is fun. Aqua Zumba classes are HEAPS of fun. I also do a dog obedience class with my German Shepherd one night a week and that is a work out.

I really have to dust off my DVD's and resistance bands too and do a little of that every day. I have a nice Pilates DVD but I can't do the floor work at all!

Replies

• lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am mostly walking - I can see the improvement in my speed and length of walks which is encouraging but honestly to say fun……I guess this is another example of where attitude can help - I will try to remember…this is fun!
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Okay Linda.. then how about this.. maybe walking is the only thing you can do right now.. but what would you really like to do if you were able to? It might give you something to look forward to that will make the walking worthwhile.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Walking and dancing! :smile: and increased hanky panky with the hubby :wink: I added that not to be cheeky, but because I think as we're changing physically and mentally its very important to stay connected with our partner.
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I would like to be able to swim again - when i was in my 20's I used to swim a mile a day - I was in great shape but it has been 20 years since I have been in a swimsuit and I have a torn rotator cuff so I can't swing my arm to do the crawl stroke . Some day I would like to get back to swimming. Walking is actually good for me - I do get a good workout - I am just basically a sedentary person and exercise isn't always my favorite thing but I am doing it!
  • andysdream
    Options
    I can honestly say that I do not like to exercise. Never have and probably never will. I don't know what that "endorphin rush" from exercise feels like. The only thing I feel is happy that it is over and of course pooped . I do go to a water aerobics class and a Silver sneakers exercise program. I aim for three times a week because without exercise, my weight loss is as slow as molasses and then I really get discouraged .
  • jellylocks
    jellylocks Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Mine is throwing stuff :) Hammer, shot, discus, javelin. I'm not very good at it but its fun and its definitely helping. Its very good for stress relief too as you can imagine people or things to aim at! :D
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Mine is throwing stuff :) Hammer, shot, discus, javelin. I'm not very good at it but its fun and its definitely helping. Its very good for stress relief too as you can imagine people or things to aim at! :D
    love this!!!