Back to work Monday

Options
Had sleeve on April 1st and now it's time to get back to work. Does anybody have any ideas what I can take to lunch? I know my protein shakes and cottage cheese but frankly I am so sick of eating that all the time. Any ideas?

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I ate healthy choice gumbo, beef vegetable soup, lentil soup, chicken rice soup, chili, Stouffers spinach soufflé. Yogurts, hummus, tuna salad made with Greek yogurt/no mayo. Cheese sticks. Light bologna, egg salad. Cucumber/tomato salad. Canned green peas, baba ganoush, green giant cauliflower in low fat cheese sauce cooked and put in the food chopper , canned sardines, egg drop soup
  • Pearlsbabygirl
    Options
    Okay, I just read my post and realized it didn't make sense. I thought your post was from a few weeks ago... sorry!

I wish you all the best returning to your job! I also wish you a very calm return home at the end of the day to relax and get to bed whenever you wish! :flowerforyou:

{ How is work going? Are you pretty fatigued at the end of the day? I hope when I get going again work will consume my mind rather than everything about my surgery! What I eat (shakes). What I drink. How much protein? How much sugar? Me me me.. bleah bleah bleah... It's all about MEEEEE. Thankfully, I keep it in my head so not to bother others - ha ha. }- save for the future!

{ Did getting back to work and a normal routine make you feel like a regular person again? }-(another future question.)

I know you were having difficulty with vomiting; I sure hope that has completely gone away. :flowerforyou:
  • therejohn
    therejohn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I HATE cottage cheese and use ricotta. The low/non fat kind is low cal and has the same protein as cottage. I eat 1/4 cup with cinnamon and splenda to taste (about 1tsp of each). Gives me a sweet treat that is good for me. REally good with berries when you can add them to your diet :-)
  • jogawa15
    jogawa15 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Get in the habit now bring your lunch and snacks every day. In the beginning I always brought protein shakes I like some of the medi weight loss products. I had learned a lot about low carb from them in Orlando and if I didn't move believe I could have lost my weight in the medi plan. They have some pre made shakes just add the water. Now further out I also use their bars 100 calories.

Look for some of the high protein soups there was a tomato one that I had every day I got that from one of the weight loss groups I think baraitric pantry. They helped a lot I could not consume much so I would half the powder. I also always had a jello sugar free when others at a sweet it helped me. Later I added luncheon meats what stage are you on? Once you can add protein I loved boiled shrimp (make your own cocktail sauce with low sugar ketchup and horseradish) also loved thin roast beef with horseradish I would buy deli meats thinly sliced. Good luck on your new journey!