No turning back now

Options
TammyP64
TammyP64 Posts: 52 Member
I am on my way to the hospital as I write this for a 6am check in for my sleeve. So many different emotions! But the two that have taken over is excitement and a little fear. Besides my c-section I've never had major surgery. Closing the last page in the book, and after today a new one begins!

Replies

• pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! Let us know how things go. The sleeve is the best thing I've ever done for myself :)
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    You will do great! I'll b watching for your update. Best advice - get up walking around as soon as you can and as often as you can. If your doctor says you can go home in one night and you want two, then stay two. I stayed two and was so happy I did.
  • teachren
    teachren Posts: 78
    Options
    You don't want to turn back...trust me! :-)

You'll have some challenges but it's well worth it. Best of luck for surgery!
  • kcbhopkins
    kcbhopkins Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • merobles827
    Options
    Best of luck!
  • naturehappy
    Options
    You will do great! I'll b watching for your update. Best advice - get up walking around as soon as you can and as often as you can. If your doctor says you can go home in one night and you want two, then stay two. I stayed two and was so happy I did.

I agree!! Stay two..one night was too short!
  • jogawa15
    jogawa15 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You got this! I remember I felt like backing out but so glad I did it!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    No bread, potato, rice or fried food ever gave me the lasting pleasure of sliding into a pair of size 10 pants. Sunday I got out my Easter dress from 2012. The dress I bought the day I stopped emotional eating and medicating with food. Size 24, only worn once but a special moment in my life. It was the day I fell in love with me. Completely accepting and loving myself as an obese woman. I tried on the dress needless to say a nine year old can fit in the dress with me! I think I will keep it for now to do the before and after picture when I hit maintenance. I would do this all over again in a heartbeat. Praying for a speedy recovery for you.
  • Liongoddess
    Liongoddess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you and I hope you have a speedy recovery! Keep us posted on how you're doing.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Best of luck kiddo! Getting sleeved was the best thing I ever did for myself! Walk and sip and follow docotors orders/plan and you will be fine! Post when you can and let us know how you're doing!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! You will be fine, this surgery is much easier than a c-section!