I need game suggestions

Options
I have recently been trying to find some new games. I play on PS3 & PS4. I mostly play COD Ghosts, trials, Need for speed , GTA, and sometimes Skyrim, borderlands, ect. I'm looking for something similar to these. They don't have to be new, I just don't want to burn myself out. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Have you played through Bioshock Infinite yet?
  • hush404
    hush404 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    What NFS have you been playing? I loved NFS Hot Pursuit. The Run was... okay. Most wanted I rather liked, the new one, Rivals I wasn't super into, but I know people have liked it. Even NFS Shift and Shift 2 are fun, but are more simulation than arcade (which the above titles are). Burnout Paradise is an older one but a great one to try if you like NFS Most Wanted. The DiRT series too I enjoyed, they're rally racers, but very fun still. Midnight Club LA is kind of fun, not as much as the above mentioned tho (IMO).

GTA is a king all it's own, but Saint's Row 3 and 4 are very fun takes on that genre. They're super cheesy with outrageous adult humor tho (instead of super serious like GTA).

You list skyrim, have you played Oblivion? Same series, 1 game before. Slightly different feel, but just as addictive.

With Borderlands, there's 2 to choose from. I feel Dead Island is kind of like those games, it's more melee focused tho. Still slaughtering for XP and new weapons tho, has similar kind of 4 player co-op as Borderlands.

Beyond that, here's a few I highly recommend:

The Saboteur - Not well know, it's a third person open world game like GTA, only set in WWII, Nazi occupied France in the 40s. Starts off black and white and gets color as your liberate areas from the nazis. I loved this game.

The Last of Us - A little slower, but a wonderfully atmospheric game set in a world where a fungus has taken over most of humanity, making some of us zombie-like mindless drones. This one's a ride for sure.

Spec Ops: The Line - A third person military shooter... but with a heavy hitting story. It's controls are tight as hell and it was a blast to go through.

I also agree with Ahamm002 about Bioshock infinite. Actually, all 3 bioshock games are great, infinite included.
  • muckfoot
    muckfoot Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bulletstorm is similar to both Borderlands and COD, plus it's been out a while so you can pick up a copy really cheap!

There's loads of games similar to GTA, as they can't compete they've all got their own twists on the sandbox gameplay; Saints Row IV for example plays like GTA but in a more cartoony way (you can jump over buildings and stuff). Other similar games would be the Assassins Creed Series, Prototype 2, Sleeping Dogs... there's plenty more but these are the ones that currently spring to mind.
  • glitterellabella
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Yeah I like BioShock. Also I've been playing a little Battlefield 4, but am getting slaughtered In it lol. I went to Game stop and they have a lot of NFS titles, for like $5. I might get a couple. I was on and off gaming for a couple years so I missed some releases. More fun for me though lol. I might def try the last of us. I started it, but got sidetracked.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I bet you'd enjoy Batman Arkham City. You might also like Farcry 3, or Red Dead Redemption too. Farcry 3 is a pretty big time commitment though for a single player game (at least if you're a completionist like me). I got about 3/4's of the way through the game when my 360's video card died :(
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Tomb Raider Definitive Edition if you haven't played it yet. Since you're rocking the Sony gear and are a PS+ member, they have a lot of "free" games. Mercenary Kings was good. Then my online buds sopped playing. It got boring quick. But May has some good stuff coming too.
  • glitterellabella
    Options
    Yeah I download a lot of free games on PS+. Im pretty happy with what is on there for the most part.

Oh yeah I forgot about Red Dead Redemption. I just might play that this weekend. Played some Kill Zone today but I'm kind of sucking. I don't know why but some days certain games and I don't mesh lol. And BF4 is still hard for me. I think I'm going to play some older GTA and maybe try to find cool boarders haha, I loved that years ago.
  • glitterellabella
    Options
    What NFS have you been playing? I loved NFS Hot Pursuit. The Run was... okay. Most wanted I rather liked, the new one, Rivals I wasn't super into, but I know people have liked it. Even NFS Shift and Shift 2 are fun, but are more simulation than arcade (which the above titles are). Burnout Paradise is an older one but a great one to try if you like NFS Most Wanted. The DiRT series too I enjoyed, they're rally racers, but very fun still. Midnight Club LA is kind of fun, not as much as the above mentioned tho (IMO).

GTA is a king all it's own, but Saint's Row 3 and 4 are very fun takes on that genre. They're super cheesy with outrageous adult humor tho (instead of super serious like GTA).

You list skyrim, have you played Oblivion? Same series, 1 game before. Slightly different feel, but just as addictive.

With Borderlands, there's 2 to choose from. I feel Dead Island is kind of like those games, it's more melee focused tho. Still slaughtering for XP and new weapons tho, has similar kind of 4 player co-op as Borderlands.

Beyond that, here's a few I highly recommend:

The Saboteur - Not well know, it's a third person open world game like GTA, only set in WWII, Nazi occupied France in the 40s. Starts off black and white and gets color as your liberate areas from the nazis. I loved this game.

The Last of Us - A little slower, but a wonderfully atmospheric game set in a world where a fungus has taken over most of humanity, making some of us zombie-like mindless drones. This one's a ride for sure.

Spec Ops: The Line - A third person military shooter... but with a heavy hitting story. It's controls are tight as hell and it was a blast to go through.

I also agree with Ahamm002 about Bioshock infinite. Actually, all 3 bioshock games are great, infinite included.
    Mm
    Thanks for soo many. I'm thinkin Saboteur sounds good.
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think you've got plenty of hours ahead of you with Saboteur and Red Dead Redemption :)

I second the motion of Far Cry 3 - seeing that game recommended always puts a smile on my melon because it's simply greatness.

I'm currently playing my 4th playthrough of Fallout 3 so I have to recommend that one as well

Have fun!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Have you played through Bioshock Infinite yet?

^^ +1

also i love the assassins creed series, i've played 1 + 2 and am dying for black flag WHY SO EXPENSIVE STEAM!!!
  • Bri_Undead90
    Options
    The new Titanfall game is really good. If you like COD then you also may like Halo and Gears of war. If you get Gears of war I suggest only playing 1-3. Judgement was not very good.
  • soulmotor
    soulmotor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll second the Saboteur. I'd also recommend Red Dead Redemption and Saint's Row for open world fun. You may also like Dragon's Dogma or Kingdom's of Amalur. Kingdom's of Amalur was kinda like the bastar love child of GTA and Skyrim; very open world and tons of quests.