juicing on the cheap?

Options
Hey juicy friends,
Any ideas or recipes you guys use that are cheap?
I guess you can buy bags of carrots for a couple dollars.
Other ideas?
:)

Replies

• Yahweh1
    Yahweh1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I will be starting my eating life change beginning February after a trip to Disney so hoping to get ideas on juicing.
  • NiikouruDesu
    Options
    Sounds good! Keep us posted on what you find!
  • marylia_n
    Options
    I purchased a book on Amazon called The Juicing Bible. Also I find a lot of good juicing recipes on Pinterest. I don't juice to replace meals, ( I love food too much) but I juice as a healthy snack. When I'm on the go, I buy Suja cold press organic juices at whole foods. I don't do this all the time because they are pricey, but oh so good!!
  • Hazel9999
    Hazel9999 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    HI. I have a book that says juice vegetables but eat fruit - apart from adding apple to make some juices more palatable. Crapple base is good for most things, tried to juice kale and it was very difficult. I'm keen to do more juicing though and looking out for recipies that actually taste nice.
  • gina145
    gina145 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just started juicing and like the green juice by "reset by joe". Uses 6 leaves kale with 1 green apple, 1/2 lemon, 1 cucumber,2 celery sticks.. I add 1 packet of Stevia and ice...really not bad.
  • Fladebbie
    Options
    The key to keeping the price down is to buy what is in season locally. I shop at a local produce stand that gets the majority of its produce from local farms. Granted I live in Florida so that makes it somewhat easier to get produce all year long however, we have growing seasons too and they do get imported produce at times, that is the expensive stuff. And of course when shopping at a regular grocery store look for the sales. It is hard to buy large quantities of produce even if you have the storage because of the short shelf life but, if you don't have one, I would invest in either a Food Saver or Seal-a-Meal vacuum seal system because you can vacuum seal batches of produce (even soft things like tomatoes as there is a manual button to stop the vacuum and seal before it squishes) and it extends the life of the produce in the refrigerator but at least a week.

Hope that helps.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    As Fladebbie said buying what in season,
    Buying in bulk
    Figure out what you don't like so you aren't wasting juice... I find anything with celery is vile
    I always take a look at the reduced section in the supermarket
    and the big one for me is I grow my own....
    x