survivor Mud race.

Options
So I signed up for survivor mud race 1-2months ago, I just found out I'm pregnant so I'm about 4wks, I am pretty athletic and inshape but I'm.just hesitate to push threw with it. My husband says I should be fine, I will be 9-10wks on the weekend of the race. I heard you can walk around the obstacles, but I just don't know what to do.

Replies

• Enic03
    Enic03 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    At 9-10 weeks you should be fine to still do it but walking around certain obstacles that can harm the baby is your best best. Don't be throwing youself down to army crawl! Good luck :)
  • papagal212
    Options
    At 9-10 weeks you should be fine to still do it but walking around certain obstacles that can harm the baby is your best best. Don't be throwing youself down to army crawl! Good luck :)
    Thanks! I also don't want to be the one bringing the team down, but I gotta be safe. I also have a 10k race in 2 weeks, but I'm.prepares for that one. I guess if I can do a 10k the mud race should be easy sailing as ling as I avoid the risky obstacles
  • sunflower92630
    sunflower92630 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just be aware that you may be waaaay more tored than you normally are and that morning sickness, sleep deprivation (insomina) and other factors do kick in around 9- 10 weeks. Also you don't want to raise your core temperature too high it can harm the baby also your ligamints and other joints will be getting looser so just be safe! :happy:
  • papagal212
    Options
    Just be aware that you may be waaaay more tored than you normally are and that morning sickness, sleep deprivation (insomina) and other factors do kick in around 9- 10 weeks. Also you don't want to raise your core temperature too high it can harm the baby also your ligamints and other joints will be getting looser so just be safe! :happy:

I've been lucky with my other 2 pregnancies, didn't have any of the issues you listed. No m/s, my energy level was slightly lower, but whenever I exercised it brought it back up. I'm still fairly active, not crazy active, when pregnant with my son I was SUPER crazy active lol. USusally around 9-10 weeks I feel "normal" again. I remember when pregnant with my son I actually called my ob to set an appointment cause I didn't feel pregnant anymore. Lol obviously I will play it by ear and see how I feel. I have a back up plan to give the race to my SIL. Thanks for the input!