What steps are you taking today?

logg1e
logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
Just that really. Feeling a bit overwhelmed about how far I've got to go, so trying to break it down in to smaller chunks and taking it an hour at a time.

What are you doing today in order to achieve the goals you're aiming for?

Replies

• sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    well I'm just trying to do one full day on track! I've been on this journey for so long and have just had a 4 week binge which resulted in a 16lb gain OMG!! started back on Monday and last night had cookie, ice cream and whipped cream for dessert (my fav food at the moment). feel a bit guilty today but just determined to make today better than yesterday.

One day at a time and consistency pays off. I know I need to follow my own advice but I did lose 2 stone a couple of years ago and never got to my goal, but I now need to lose 3 due to taking my eye of the ball.

Every day won't be perfect, but I'm going to start each day intending to make good choices and learn to not buy trigger foods.

just make a small goal for each week that you can achieve and then celebrate with a pat on the back, nice bath, new nail polish etc. maybe just to get to the end of the week within your calories or whatever your trying to meet? another one could be to not cheat on the weekend? another could be to drink x cups of water today? depends on what you feel you need to do to succeed and how to get through each day/week/month

the one thing that I remember reading is that the time will pass anyway so you might as well as try as hard as you can.....in a month or 6 months or 1 year do you want to be xx lbs lighter or the same as you are now. I use Pinterest a lot for motivation and reading it on a night keeps me wanting food :):flowerforyou:
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    My new thing today is drinking no tea - and lots of water. This is mainly because I forgot to bring money for milk so I can't have tea.
  • logg1e
    Heh Steve!
  • Sourdiesel79
    Sourdiesel79 Posts: 33 Member
    You don't need milk for tea!

I just take it a meal at a time and keep logging so I know I'm on track
  • logg1e
    My every day "steps in the right direction" are:
    1) Meal-planning for the day. This really helps me feel in control and stops me under-, or over-, eating.
    2) Using calories gained from exercise for a Kit Kat gives me extra motivation, on top of the health benefits.
  • logg1e
    Today's little step was joining a gym.
  • karentalty
    karentalty Posts: 52 Member
    This month I decided not to sit down when I am waiting for a bus or a train ( I have to take public transport everywhere for my job!). I find then that I move more and pace a little which helps overall! I have also worked really hard on planning my food in advance. I bring everything with me to work and I haven't been tempted to buy extra snacks on the way home! I am 4 pounds down and have a long way to go but baby steps!

Also, do a monthly challenge! I am currently doing an Ab challenge and last month (well for 3 weeks of it) I did a squat challenge. I haven't added in exercise dramatically yet as I have a lot going on in my life right now but when I can I go for walks-long slower ones or quick short ones!
  • irNathaniel
    irNathaniel Posts: 178 Member
    my steps? Knowing my goal completely. Knowing my Target and Know my Mini Goals.
  • logg1e
    Ooh, I like the idea of making better use of waiting for buses and trains.

Where do you find the monthly challenges? I'm in a weight-loss challenge group on MFP and personally speaking, I'm not finding it a barrel of laughs.
  • awomaninsane
    awomaninsane Posts: 75 Member
    There are loads of challenges on the internet, just type '30 day challenge' in and it'll come up with loads. I'm currently doing a 30 day abs challenge and am half way through it. It's hard work but no pain no gain!
  • Today's challenge is to get my total weight loss to 6 stone (currently 5 stone 13lb), but then I'll be 4lb away from being less than 15 stone, and then only a pound away from having lost 40kg. Mini-goals abound...

That's kept me motivated to completed > 10000 steps according to my Fitbit and my second Taekwondo class for the week.

Still working on getting my Insanity workouts sorted out. Started on 11th April and I haven't quite got to the end of week 2...