Optional: Wednesday weigh in and/or measurements for week 1

Options
df1982
df1982 Posts: 147 Member
This is an *optional* part of the challenge, for those of us who want to check-in mid-week and are trying to keep ourselves accountable on the scale or through measurements. Sixty days is a long time - enough to see some real progress in these areas! While I understand that there are so many other ways to track progress towards a healthier life (and there will be more threads to come related to some of those), I find that if I do not step on the scale occasionally, I really let myself go nuts with the treats in the evenings - telling myself it isn't doing any harm as my pants get tighter and tighter!

So, for those who want to, on or around Wednesday, please provide your weight loss goal for the full 60 days, and also for the week. The following Wednesday, we'll start a new thread to share our progress in these areas.

Replies

• Taylorxxlynne
    Taylorxxlynne Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Love weekly weigh ins! And differernt that its on a wednesday, I like it! :-)
  • laureneliset
    laureneliset Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ah! I have pms at the moment so due to water retention my weigh in will look awful this week and ridiculously good the week after. BUT I do a monthly weigh in on a whizzy machine at the gym which tells me how much of my weight change is fat down, muscle up and changes in water retention, so I'll join in with you ladies when I get the good news next week Friday!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Count me in for a Wednesday weigh-in!
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Ok I am majorly bummed have kept my calories under my goal even watching my carbs later in the day and I am up 2.5:(157) I was excited about the weigh-in cuz I haven't emotional ate out of control. Gonna try to not let this get me down but its frustrating.
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Ok I am majorly bummed have kept my calories under my goal even watching my carbs later in the day and I am up 2.5:(157) I was excited about the weigh-in cuz I haven't emotional ate out of control. Gonna try to not let this get me down but its frustrating.

It is disappointing when "the scale" does not reflect efforts, but keep up the good work- it will pay off. Be proud of the work and effort you put forth. My guess is you will see the pay off soon. Check measurements- sometimes those will change when the scale doesn't! Keep on going! ????
  • df1982
    df1982 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome to day 4 of the challenge! For those of us who are re-committing to this, these are both the easiest and hardest days, I find. I see that some people are here, though, because they are ALREADY on a whole fitness-healthy eating-wellness kick, and they just want to continue - good for you! You guys can inspire us to keep going!

For me, these are the easiest days because it's still a new routine and motivation is high - anything seems possible. They are the hardest because progress is hard to see, and one moment of "What's the point?" can lead me to give up, or say "I'll start next week." But not this time! Let's keep going, even though there are bound to be weeks where we have a bad day (or three), or don't see the scale move.

SW 148

GW (for 60 day challenge) 135
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in this week before breakfast, but I will post my starting weight nonetheless:

SW: 231.9

Kind of a bummer, as my last weigh in before starting the challenge was 230 on the nose, but what do you do? Nowhere to go but forward.
  • Ernie_Girl
    Ernie_Girl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    4/30/14 SW:188.8 GW:170
  • JoyfulToday
    JoyfulToday Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lost 1/2 lb in the last couple weeks that I've been watching myself more closely. That isn't very much but I know I have put on muscles in my legs since I started jogging, so it's just part of the process!
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    My start weight is 151lb and I'd like to get back to 144lb which was my weight before Christmas and the weight I'd been maintaining at for twelve months after losing 40lb. I'm finding it very difficult to lose weight , I exercise at least five times a week some times for three hours at a time although that doesn't happen very often. All the exercise makes me hungry and I'm building muscle so my weight is going up and I'm finding it very depressing as I worked so hard to lose the weight.
  • Catfriend25
    Catfriend25 Posts: 95
    Options
    I went from a sedentary lifestyle to doing Insanity, 30 Day Shred, and Killer by Ewa Chodakowska in addition to walking and cycling EVERY DAY for the past 40 days and my weight has remained exactly the same to the pound. So I'm not anticipating any change at all - I believe God has called me to my current weight just like sometimes He calls people to a certain profession or path in life - and I cannot resist His will - HOWEVER with that said I am still here on this challenge and group with You guys! =)
  • Taylorxxlynne
    Taylorxxlynne Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Little late on the weigh in but I'm at exactly 180. Gained 0.8.