I'm new to group I am due on August 10th 2014

Options
I have lost weight in the past with mfp and I am back I haven't had access to Internet for a while but anyways. I am due in August and having a little boy I am 25weeks 4 days and I have already gained 33Ibs I'm not trying to "diet" now but I have gotten back eating more healthy (trying to) maintain my weight so I don't gain any extra unwanted weight just let my little one do all the gaining. I do drink water I do eat lean meats veggies fruits whole grains etc... but I have noticed I get hunger pains I eat or drink my water but how to control this when you ate enough food for you and baby?

Replies

• Enic03
    Enic03 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am due August 12th :) Have only gained 12 pounds so far and most of it has come within the past 3-4 weeks, it's crazy! I think your best bet to control those hunger pains is to keep healthy snacks around you. Really you body only needs about 300 extra calories a day on top on maintenance so don't feel like you are eating for two. I like to keep clementines, apples, bananas and almonds around me at all times especially at work to keep myself satisfied but still healthy. :)
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I am due June 15th.
    I found what really helps me is to stop and think each time I reach in the fridge - "am I really hungry? Thirsty? Or just bored?"
    A lot of times I will end up just getting a drink instead or closing the fridge all together and walking off to find a project.
  • scenequeen85
    Options
    :happy:
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I just need to get self control and I know I'll get the hang of it. I know I got it just need to keep motivated which I am now. I know I can lose this weight afterwards done it before after I had my daughter.