Check In April 30, 2014 -Gratitude

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Because I'm awake at midnight, I decided to start tomorrow's check in thread and borrowed an idea from Rat Pat. How about listing four gratitudes today when you do your check in?

I don't have anything to check in (other than I'm so happy Adore won this week's Ru Paul's Drag Race, lol) but I do have my first gratitude. I am so, so, so grateful for my patient husband who is supporting me on this weight loss journey. We don't always get it right, but our foundation is strong and we share a deep mutual love and respect.

Hey Rat, when you read this--thank you for the gratitude idea and also for sharing so openly. At 26, I don't know if I could have opened up as much as you have (of course, online forums didn't exist), and I'm so delighted to read what you're doing. And I say next time someone comes home while you're doing yoga... just keep going. Let the sweat rain down. Let your freak flag fly!

Replies

• bradford721
    bradford721 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today has not started too well. My weight and bloodsugar are up from yesterday. My bloodsugar was 240. Not good for a fasting. I am grateful that I am saved, that I am able to do most everything I want to, that I have a beautiful energetic great niece who spends time with Aunt Barb, and that I have a great view from my office window:happy:
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I hope your day improves, Barb! I'm trying to drag myself to the gym this morning for aquasize. I know I'll love it once I get there, but the getting there is rough sometimes!

Second gratitude. I live in beautiful Maine on a small lake that will be warm enough to swim in in about six weeks. Yay!
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Barb having another condition that affects your weight really sucks.. my husband is a type 1 diabetic so I understand your struggles with sugar. I hope you have good medical attention so that you can get to the root of the highs. We are currently looking into an insulin pump for my husband, I woke up next to him in a coma twice in the last 12 months.. not good.

Okay gratitude, I am grateful my fluid and weight are down this morning, grateful for my Remy, my GSD, she is such a goof, grateful I could put strawberries in my lunch bag today, and also grateful I have another granddaughter on the way.

I have my food all planned out and I didn't do well with exercise yesterday, I have to get out morning and afternoon today as we have a lunch n learn.. yuck. I am planning on attending Aqua Zumba tonight.. my gym bag is packed.
  • JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! Even on the bad days there is still some good. :)
    Here are the 4 things I'm grateful for today:
    1. It did NOT Snow last night - it was suppose to but we got more rain instead! (Maybe spring is really here)
    2. I am finally starting to sleep better at night (the last two days have have gotten 7 hours with out waking up)
    3. The Keurig at work was filled with water this morning, so I did not have to fill it (I fill is most days, so I get excited when I don't have to fill it at 5am)
    4. I'm just grateful to have another day and to see what this will bring :)
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a glorious day!!! :flowerforyou:
    I'm grateful that when I got out of bed this morning my feet didn't hurt!! I was halfway to the bathroom when I realized that it didn't feel like I was walking on glass- I teared up. You just get used to living with the pain that its almost a scock when its not there.
    I'm grateful my co-worker called off. I get 12hrs overtime this week!!! Yay- show me the money!
    I'm grateful for all the wonderful people in my life (physical and cyberspace) that are supporting me on this journey.
    And the most important thing I'm grateful for is my wonderfully thoughtful, kind, sweet, and loving husband!:blushing: :smooched:
    Blessings :wink:
  • debunny34
    debunny34 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What a nice idea to have a gratitude post :)

I am grateful that I live in Florida and have warm weather here.
    I am grateful that I have some wonderful children, two of whom are grown.
    I am grateful that I have two beautiful grand- daughters who keep me in stitches laughing at their silly antics, even though I don't get to see them enough since they live in Alabama. SOOOO thankful that my oldest daughter utilizes facebook and posts pictures of them nearly everyday, and videos several times a week so that I can keep up with the daily goings on of them :)
    I am grateful for my husband who I think finally "gets" the struggles I have with weightloss and is finally on board with me.

And an extra grateful thing, I am so grateful to this group. You all make me feel like I am not alone in this, and you all seem to relate exactly to the same things I am going through. I can not always get on here and post everyday, but I read as much as I can and I am learning so much from you all.
  • julieworley376
    Options
    Just shoot me!!! I went to a lunch n learn today and I ate first because I wasn't expecting any food there. Guess what? Yep.. there was food there.. so what did I do? Yep. I ate. Okay so it was one bread roll with some shredded beef on it, about a spoonful of pasta and sauce (couple of tablespoons maybe) and half a plate of salad I didn't finish.

They bought cookies round to us at the table.. I said NO!!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Just shoot me!!! I went to a lunch n learn today and I ate first because I wasn't expecting any food there. Guess what? Yep.. there was food there.. so what did I do? Yep. I ate. Okay so it was one bread roll with some shredded beef on it, about a spoonful of pasta and sauce (couple of tablespoons maybe) and half a plate of salad I didn't finish.

They bought cookies round to us at the table.. I said NO!!

Sounds like a victory to me. No shooting necessary. Good for you!
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything to check in (other than I'm so happy Adore won this week's Ru Paul's Drag Race, lol) but I do have my first gratitude.

LOL!!! I love Ru Paul and wish I still had that station it in my cable package!! (dang direct tv for changing packages to get you to pay more $$)

On to my gratitudes:
    1. I am grateful I got my butt out of bed this morning to workout. I am NOT a morning person and this was definitely an achivement. 1 day down, 2 more to go.
    2. I am grateful that my son looks out for me and gives me the best support. My other baby is in Virginia and I miss him so.
    3. I am grateful to wake up every morning to see another day
    4. As much as I complain about this weather in the East, I'm grateful that I do not live in one of the tornado areas. My heart goes out to those affected. :flowerforyou:
  • loriarty
    loriarty Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    So do we do check ins in the morning before the start of the day? Or in the evening after the day? Or just whenever? lol.

Let see... what am I grateful for.
    1. Super grateful that the storms last night were basically nonexistent. Which was a relief because we were all worried it was going to be just like the other night.
    2. My mom, because she's my mom and she's just great.
    3. A girl in my last class of the day told me I was really pretty. Which was just a simple compliment, but it brightened my day.

I woke up early this morning to get in some walking because I knew when I got home I would just want to rest... sadly I didn't get to do the whole thing because my sinuses have made my feel super sick... and I just started feeling sicker and sicker, so I thought it best to just cut in short instead of actually getting sick. lol.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Today's victory was I saw a really cute dress in the store. They only had it in a size 16 which I figured was too small. It if perfectly. However I resisted temptation and did not buy it. :happy:

Grateful for today...
    1) That my volunteer session tonight was cancelled so I could fit in a session of Zumba Gold this evening.
    2) That a confrontation that could have turned out nasty, wasn't bad at all.
    3) That I didn't get drenched in all of the storms today when I had to go out and about.
    4) That I have MFP and all of the wonderful friends I've made for support on this journey.
  • kilgore67
    kilgore67 Posts: 40
    Options
    My gratitude list:
    1. I'm alive.
    2. My sons and my mom.
    3. My cat.
    4. Reliable car and safe place to live.
    5. MFP friends!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Tonight I'm so grateful for a warm, cozy bed and a purring cat. It's not even 9 p.m. and I'm down! I overdid at the gym and can barely put any weight on my left knee and right hip. Thank goodness I have crutches and vicodin.

Today I overate all day long. I was ravenous. Instead of fighting, I just ate and stuck to veggies and protein and brown rice. Oh, and hummus. My nutritionist has told me not to add in calories for my workouts right now, and after a week of 1300 calorie days and 900 calorie workouts, I think I just hit a wall. So I fed myself. I haven't logged it yet, but I probably hit 2800 calories! I'm okay with this--Will see what the scale says next week.
  • julieworley376
    Options
    But look at the healthy stuff you did eat Karen!! Awesome!

Lori I don't care when you check in.. anytime you have something to say, but once a day would be nice to see how it's going.

Drumroll please.....

I did a whole Aqua Zumba class!!!! She was much faster than the usual instructor but I kept up pretty well, I have already had a painkiller though because that dreaded sciatic pain kicked in. But I did it!

We lost a person from the group btw.. I don't know who and it's a shame, I was hoping for more. But we have some 'cracking' people here, to use an English term so who cares?
  • monmonof3
    monmonof3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Check in for today: Did not overeat today, YAY Walked the dogs in the woods for about 30 minutes then worked in the garden.

I am grateful:

1. That I am alive to
    2. Enjoy the beautiful weather that we had here today and
    3. that I am healthy enough to walk and try to keep up with
    4 my two white Huskies
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Thanks Julie! Once I logged my exercise, my calories were just fine for the day. I've been operating at a huge deficit, and although I'm following the instructions of my bariatric nutritionist for the pre-surgery weight loss, I also know my own patterns of weight loss failure, and I was setting myself up for a sugar or fast food binge if I didn't eat.

I'm so happy you did the Zumba class!!! Good for you!!! I also have back/nerve pain (femoral from a ruptured disc) and know what it's like to pay for it afterwards. Be good to yourself and put ice on your back and icy heat on your leg, and don't let it stop you from going again. The more you exercise, the stronger and thinner you'll get, and the less your back will hurt. We can do this!

As for the member who left, I think people will come and go for various reasons. Just keep doing what you're doing. I am thrilled by this group. I joined a half dozen others, and hardly anyone posts in them, and I need the daily check in and support. So thank you for that.