Second Trimesters here!

Options
JennypegMarie
JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
Any ladies in their 2nd trimester?

Hows everyone finding this stage and how is everyone preparing? :)

Replies

• katey_my_lady
    katey_my_lady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just entered the second trimester yesterday, and I'm amazed how over the last week or so I have begun feeling much better on a consistent basis. The fatigue is not nearly as bad, and I don't have much nausea at all anymore. I maintained my exercise routine throughout the first trimester, but now it's not such a chore. :-) I've started a prenatal yoga class, which is wonderfully relaxing. My palate is also back to normal and I've been loving that I'm back in the mood for vegetables and lean protein. In the first 13 weeks, I gained just over two pounds, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

As far as preparation goes, we've got our doula and birthing class figured out. Also, I've been buying maternity clothes on eBay like crazy! I kind of have an obsession. I'm just starting to get too big for my pre-pregnancy pants. I feel lucky to be pregnant during the warm time of the year because I'll be able to get by with lots of sundresses. We are also planning the decor of our nursery but aren't to the point of actually putting it together just yet. We're working on clearing out the room, which used to be our office. We have a baby shower on August 2nd at our house, so I'm hoping that we'll have the nursery mostly done by then.

I'm excited about the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks! We want to know the gender, so that'll be exciting to find out. We're debating whether or not we'll tell anybody else.

How about the rest of you ladies?
  • CoachDeeRyan
    Options
    I'm in my second trimester! I was 20 weeks this past Friday. And I've been lazier than I should be and haven't been tracking my calories very well. Now that the nicer weather is here I'm hoping to walk more and I'm also going to start Brazil Butt Lift because I just realized how huge the back of me is getting! My doctor said I can't let my hr go over 140-ish so I am limited in doing really hard workouts like I used to.

I'm excited I've gotten halfway there though- I've had two previous miscarriages so this really is a blessing! Feel free to friend request me I love being in touch with other mommies trying to stay healthy and fit.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm in the heart of my second trimester too! 19 weeks tomorrow. So far the second trimester has been great! I barely even notice that I am pregnant .. unlike the first trimester when nausea and fatigue was a constant reminder!

Second trimester highlights so far:
    1. Baby bump finally coming in!
    2. We found out we are having a girl!
    3. Getting a DVD of our little growing girl moving around! it was beautiful!

I still haven't felt the baby move yet.. though I am told it happens later for first time moms and I also found out I have an anterior placenta which makes feeling the baby's movements more difficult :/ at least until she gets a bit bigger! Anyways I know that I should start to feel movement any day now ( they say its common to feel first movements between 18 - 24 weeks)
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I will be 17 weeks on Thursday! This is my third and it seems like its suddenly moving a lot faster! lol I one of those rare pregnant women who doesn't get morning sickness, so I've been feeling fine all along. I did get the flu, bronchitis, and a cold since getting pregnant, which has definitely slowed me down. But otherwise, no real aches or pains yet. I've been very sporadic with my exercise b/c I have a home sewing business. (I make cloth diapers, etc) Anyway, I usually work late at night after the kids are in bed and I keep staying up WAY too late to get caught up. Then I'm too tired the next day to exercise. Its sort of a catch 22 b/c i have to get my work done, but I need to figure something out b/c i need exercise, too! Not only physically, but mentally! lol It just warmed up finally where i am, too, and I had been getting back into running (since its easier than on a treadmill for me), but almost 2 weeks have gone by already since i did it last!

Anyway, I'm not doing that much to prepare just yet. I made arrangements with a doula right away and tentatively have a midwife. She just had a baby a few weeks ago, so we haven't been able to get together yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be going with her for a home birth. I'm still going through my regular doctors, too, since my insurance covers everything. (Like bloodwork, ultrasound, etc). I have an appt coming up in 2 weeks and my 20 week ultrasound, too. But we aren't finding out the gender. It will still be good to see the little one and make sure all is well. :)
  • marleylouhou
    marleylouhou Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just hit 16 weeks, Yah! I'm feeling so much better, the second time around has been much harder on me. I couldn't even think about excersize in the frist trimester but I'm thinking that I'll start going back to the gym at night here and walking and doing some weights. Maybe throw in some yoga at home too. Counting calories has helped me a lot and I'm SO happy that I started doing it again.
    Other than that not much prep for us. One month till we find out the gender and I can't wait.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I am actually third trimester now.
    Second trimester was the best part of pregnancy. Granted, my morning sickness lasted until month 5 - except having that a little bit in the second trimester, it was pretty good.
    I have been in my 3rd trimester 3 weeks now and this past two weeks feels like it has been 2 months!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Well I am in the second trimester I have always seem like I'm tired one day than next day I'll have energy than I'll get tired again this pregnancy been really good no nausea accept in the first trimester. I only have 2 more weeks to enter the third trimester and I can't wait means this is almost over!!!