Protein Powder

Options
DarkAngellEyes
DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
Anyone have any recommendations for a good protein powder?? I'm shopping around and wanted to see what other crossfitters are drinking - I'm hoping for at least 20g protein per scoop... low cal and limited artificial sweeteners is a bonus.

Ive tried and liked Isopure Zero Carb and Syntrax Nectars in the past but would like to broaden my protein powder horizons! I've also tried a few flavors of the Progenex Recovery, but I find it a bit too sweet.

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use isopure vanilla. Tastes great. Gluten, Lactose and Aspartame free! Doesn't make me feel bloated. Has 25 grams of protein in one scoop.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I use two right now.

Progenex Recovery is my post-workout drink. Two scoops is about 25g of protein. I usually do 3 scoops (I'm a big guy and my protein target is over 250g/day.)

When I'm making a smoothy its Isopure. I use Mango-peach right now because it works well for morning smoothes. Two scoops (50g protein) a cup of berries and as much spinach or kale as fits in the Vitamix.
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm using About Time whey protein powder. It's sweetened with Stevia so some of the flavors can taste a little fake or too sweet but it's gluten free and lactose free, which is a huge plus for me. A scoop is 100 calories and 25g protein.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using 2 types:

Progenex Recovery (Belgian Chocolate) is my post-workout protein supplement. 2 scoops is approx 25g of protein and tastes fine w/ just water.

My 2nd protein supplement is: Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein (Double Rich Chocolate). However, with this type, 2 scoops is approx 48g of protein. *also tastes fine w/ just water.

**from time to time, I'll use vanilla almond milk (unsweetened) w/ the Gold Standard mix. It only adds 60 calories for 16oz.
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I use isopure vanilla. Tastes great. Gluten, Lactose and Aspartame free! Doesn't make me feel bloated. Has 25 grams of protein in one scoop.

Is this a whey powder? I moved in to a rice/pea protein coz I'm lactose intolerant and whey shakes all made me feel yucky. I actually love my powder but I know whey is ideal... Is it really lactose free??
  • bully_lady
    bully_lady Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use Garden of Life Raw Fit protein. I like it!
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm definitely going to look into some of these!
  • bostonwolf
    Options

Is this a whey powder? I moved in to a rice/pea protein coz I'm lactose intolerant and whey shakes all made me feel yucky. I actually love my powder but I know whey is ideal... Is it really lactose free??

I think all the Isopures are whey and/or casien.
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Yes! Check it out online. GNC sells it
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    From their description:

Nature's Best Perfect Zero Carb Mango Peach Isopure contains 50 g of 100% Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolate. Any and all impurities typically found in most whey proteins have been removed to provide you with a great tasting, lactose free, fat free, aspartame free, glutamine enriched, state of the art carbohydrate free protein supplement. The perfect meal, snack, in-your-oatmeal, whatever-way to get 100% whey protein isolate. How you want it when you want it.
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    From their description:

Nature's Best Perfect Zero Carb Mango Peach Isopure contains 50 g of 100% Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolate. Any and all impurities typically found in most whey proteins have been removed to provide you with a great tasting, lactose free, fat free, aspartame free, glutamine enriched, state of the art carbohydrate free protein supplement. The perfect meal, snack, in-your-oatmeal, whatever-way to get 100% whey protein isolate. How you want it when you want it.

Thanks :) I had a look online last week and it looks great but not sold in Australia so just trying to work out if it's worth the shipping costs!!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    You would think there is some kind of equivalent available so you would not have to pay for shipping.