curious??

Options
SSAHM
SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
Curious as to how you have gone with your weight gain if you have eaten whatever you want but still stayed under your calorie goal majority of the time as opposed to being really strict with what you eat.

Replies

• Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Pretty much I kind of eat whatever I want but try to make healthy food choices. So far I have lost weight in the first trimester and then stayed exactly the same for weeks and weeks. This week (I'm 18 weeks) I have finally seen a 1 pound gain.

For me I eat until I am full but I notice that I get full very quickly, I think I tend to naturally stay under my calorie goals.

However, now that I am gaining again.. I may have to be more careful! We'll see!
  • nicolemviolette
    nicolemviolette Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat whatever, but I usually stay under my 2,000 calorie goal or just a tiny bit above. I try to eat at least one fruit or one vegetable a day though, usually a banana, apple, orange, some tomatoes, etc. I also exercise every day whether it be yoga and a walk, a walk and a Denise Austin Prenatal workout, or some Just Dance on the Wii.
    BUT i have gained at least 40 pounds now. I dont look much "fatter" I just have a baby belly and I look within my weight range, as I was over 30 pounds UNDERweight before I got pregnant because I was barely eating and I was working out for hours every day.
  • kerryradz
    kerryradz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat what I want, I log my food onto myfitnesspal though to see how many calories I have consumed and on some occasions I've gone over my maintenance+200 (3rd trimester) by 700 cals, so I've completely eaten way tooo much! (usually this is when I log my food the following day after a big binge) I've gone for the occasional walk but haven't done any planned exercise, I'd put on 13lbs by the time I was 35 weeks + 2days but I've definitely lost muscle definition from lack of exercise so pretty sure I've lost muscle weight and gained lbs in fat
  • vlmcwilliams
    vlmcwilliams Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat what I want, whenever I'm hungry but that tends to be healthy-ish anyway. If I get a craving for a treat/something I normally wouldn't eat I'll eat that food too (once my craving is satisfied it goes away). When I log what I've eaten I'm generally under my maintenance + extra cals for 2nd tri, I'm 22 weeks. Gained a 'normal' amount according to the growth chart I'm following and starting from a normal BMI (up 6.3kgs - 13.9 pounds - at this point)
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much what I want, I at mantainance calories and I'm 28 wks and gained 30 pounds I think that average hahaha I doesn't feel average to me
  • emny86
    emny86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want (maintenance plus 200-300) but I have a protein goal of at least 70g per day (goal is 100g) and a water goal of 4 liters per day. I started at a BMI of 22 (128lbs, 5'5) and have gained 40 at 33 weeks. With my last pregnancy I gave birth at 37 weeks and gained 60lbs.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I love that every response is the same - "I eat whatever I want."

I try to make the healthier choices and avoid the junk. But, for the most part - I eat whatever I want!
    I don't count calories or track my eating either. I just watch the scale. I cut back a little if it is going up too quickly but as long as weight gain stays consistent I just keep doing what i am doing.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    If I ate whatever I want I would eat a ton of ice cream and chocolate!

I am pretty much eating the same foods I was eating when I was losing weight, except adding. So for lunch today I added a pear and for breakfast (usually just have coffee) I had a protein bar. I did have some chocolate in the afternoon but not feeling great about it so will probably cut the amount down in the future. Before I started adding to my breakfast/lunch I was overeating at dinner, so for dinner tonight I am planning on eating a reasonable amount to meet my calorie goals for the day.

I just figured out this morning what my maintenance calories are so that is what I will be using for now, am just 8 weeks along.
  • roma2011
    roma2011 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was really good for first trimester, a piggy for my 2nd trimester, and now I'm trying to pull that back a bit for my third trimester. I pretty much just eat when I'm hungry - my problem is what I eat when I'm hungry! 2nd trimester for me meant that yellow m&m's became an entire food group of their own.... other than a weakness for those sugary nutty treats I've been pretty good so other than a big bump I am still pretty much the same size and am in some of my normal clothes still. I haven't been tracking what I've been eating, but just eat several smaller than usual meals rather than three substantial ones. I find that if I eat normal sized portions I feel very uncomfortable afterwards.