Weather

Options
There is a nasty weather system moving through where I live right now. I could barely move when I woke up this morning. Does anyone else cease to exist when bad weather comes through?

Replies

• ajcrusher
    ajcrusher Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can definitely feel it when the bad weather comes in. Sometimes it's bad enough that I have to use my crutches constantly. One of these days I'm gonna stay home & try to take it easy during bad weather. We're supposed to have bad storms on Sunday & Monday so it should be fun.
  • EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes colder weather causes problems as well as high humidity and temps in the 80s causing pain for me.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Weather is a definite factor for me. Stable high pressure times are usually my best times and rapid barometric pressure drops are the worst.
  • TabithaRyan68
    TabithaRyan68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!
    We just came off of +20 degrees Celsius and now it is only 2 degrees and we have about 20-25 cm of snow!! I am in a horrible flare and can barely lift my arms.
    On these days, i just try to keep below my calories because there sure isn't any exercise!! I have a couple of very gentle programs, one just stretching, the other yoga that help on even mild pain days but can't do it on extreme ones.
    Take gentle care of you, wrap up in a heating blanket and just rest. Listen to your body.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    We just came off of +20 degrees Celsius and now it is only 2 degrees and we have about 20-25 cm of snow!! I am in a horrible flare and can barely lift my arms.

Are you by any chance in Chinook country?
  • Binnee95
    Binnee95 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oh I so agree! When the weather gets nasty so does my temperament due to the horrible bone and muscle aches!
  • 40Jamieful
    40Jamieful Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. I'm in California, between Sacramento and the Bay Area and even though our winters are comparatively mild, I still have super bad pain for several months, and it doesn't ease up until Spring. Then, our summers are HOT (thankfully, not like Arizona, but we get lots of 100+ degree days) and I can't stand the heat, especially now that I am finally in menopause. I agree with you about barometric pressure changes - that gives me migraines. Is anyone here allergic to trees and grasses and mold spores = all year round allergies and asthma? Every New Year I wonder how I can take another year of it! But, I do like to laugh LOUD as much as possible. We have a wonderful little girl and a cutie little poodle. I take joy in the Lord. And I enjoy getting to know other people that are living with similar challenges. I listen to audio books to chill out.
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    I hear you regarding the weather :laugh:

I always laugh when people say "Oh the hot summers must be great for you", umm no and dare I say hell no :noway:

I dislike summer, the heat the humidity the length of the darn thing. Here in Queensland it seems to start in September and carry on til May. I love love love winter :love: my pain seems to go into hibernation (somewhat) and my hands are more flexible (where'd I put my knitting). Oh the joys of winter, piles of craft projects abandoned over summer now seem possible sigh :happy:
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Anytime the barometric pressure changes, I begin to ache. It's like having the flu times 100! I wish I had a hundred hands to just rub every muscle on my body at the same time. This time caused a few trigger point knots, I haven't had those in months!
  • MonicaJumper
    Options
    Ahhhh the weather kills me!
  • doozerbob
    doozerbob Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Totally! Any wet, miserable day, and I'm a snotty heap hiding under the duvet lol. I Am not particularly fond of very hot weather, as I get headachey and itchy, and humid weather leading to thunderstorms give me migraines!! Oh, and my big toe tingles when it is going to snow...*seriously*
  • Thezestiest
    Thezestiest Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Anytime the barometric pressure changes, I begin to ache. It's like having the flu times 100! I wish I had a hundred hands to just rub every muscle on my body at the same time. This time caused a few trigger point knots, I haven't had those in months!

Yep. I can feel a storm system coming from a day or two away just from the change in the atmosphere. Sometimes it renders me completely bedridden for a few days. Hot humid weather (which is what we have pretty much all summer in southern IL) is terrible for me, as is very cold weather - but storms are the worst.
  • vpsorrels
    vpsorrels Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE summer but this summer the humidity and high barometric pressures have really gotten to me - I think between me Cymbalta and menopausal hot flashes it doesn't help either. I VERY MUCH DISLIKE WINTER.
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sure changes things for me have been trying to cope with 27-30 degree for a month now..my knees and other joints react to the point I have ended up in a wheelchair.Not being able to get out of bed due to tight and painful toes or close my hannds or twist a bottle cap. Then comes fog and rain and I do find days I sleep all day taking meds to help pain. Winter seems to be ok for me..