Weight Loss 1st month- did you slow down toward the end???

Options
Good day everyone,
I am just curious but how did your weight loss go in the beginning. The first 10 days I dropped a bunch and now its already slowed down immensely. I dropped 15 pounds in the first 10 days and now it seems I have been the same weight for several days already. So I am interested in how it went for all of you in the first month after surgery.
Looking forward to your replies.

Replies

• sue100194
    sue100194 Posts: 129
    Options
    I had a stall that lasted 10 days at the end of the first month. It seemed impossible to happen....how can anyone Not lose weight at less than 600 calories a day? But I just kept reminding myself of the advice from so many people to just trust the process, the weight will come off. Your body is adjusting.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Yes, I hit a stall at 3 wks out. Your body does slam into starvation mode and attempts to hold on to the weight. Trick to help. Whatever you do keep focusing on protein, hydration, and fiber. By this time many of us are significantly constipated even if you can't feel it. I take fiber gummies daily. If you aren't getting lots of water it is very hard for your body to convert fat to energy. Failure to get enough protein will only prolong the stall. I think people who get in the highest protein levels have the best luck with their hair. My stall was not helped by the fact that I was getting in too many calories. It was so hard to get food down that I had slipped in to grazing all day long and was getting around 850 calories a day. My nut got me into MFP and I never looked back. I have gone thru many stalls. Weight loss is not linear. It really gets tough when you get past obese to overweight. I have 22 lbs til maintenance. It takes a month to lose 3-4 lbs even though I eat 750-850 calories a day. I just accept the new lifestyle and go to support group. I will always have "obese brain". I will always have to watch my food carefully. When I reach maintenance I will get only 1400 calories a day. I only get more if I work out. Simple carbs like wheat, rice and potato will probably always be trigger foods for me so I have no plans to eat them again at maintenance. Whatever you do don't get depressed and eat foods not on the lifestyle. Stalls are just part of the process. Just keep moving. Good luck
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yes, I stalled at 3 weeks for about 2 weeks, then it picked back up again. Now, at 6 months out, stalls are more frequent, but still averaging about a pound per week so going in the right direction. Doc says I could stop now if I wanted, but I'd like to be firmly in "Healthy BMI" territory before considering maintenance and I have a bit to go to get there.
  • JxAAA
    JxAAA Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I too hit a stall at 3 weeks for about 2 weeks. The scale just started moving again on Saturday and I've lost 4lbs.
  • Graceagain
    Graceagain Posts: 2
    Options
    I am so glad to read this. I stalled for 2 weeks at 3 weeks out and I think things are starting to move again. I felt so panicked!Did I fail at the surgery too? After reading all your posts I can see that everything is normal. I too need to focus on staying on the plan, using my tool, and not grazing. Thanks for being there!
  • juliebccs
    juliebccs Posts: 233
    Options
    Yes for sure. I hit a stall at about 4 weeks. It lasted two weeks and was disheartening. The following week was a little slow but this week seems to have started shifting again at a nice rate. Of course it wont go back to the early rapid loss but it is shifting downwards ad that is all I want. I hit 8 weeks today and I am content with the loss of 47 pounds. Some people lose faster but I am happy with my rate. :wink:
  • vsg_joanna
    vsg_joanna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Question about stalls lasting more than one week- do you guys still notice clothes getting loser even though the scale isn't moving? Any inches lost?
  • NashobaNJ
    NashobaNJ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today I am eight weeks out I guess I was considered a lightweight HW:185 CW:161 GW:125
    I had a stall for more than a week about three weeks out. I also feel sometimes that I might be doing something wrong or that it isnt coming off fast enough but I have to keep reminding myself that the weight crept up pretty slowly so its better to have it come off slow and steady I guess. Trying to stay positive. Would love to see what others are eating daily as I feel like I'm eating the same thing all the time!
  • juliebccs
    juliebccs Posts: 233
    Options
    I had a two week stall but I haven't been measuring. I wish I had from the start. I think I could still feel weight coming off,,or at least I was feeling thinner but the scales had stalled.
  • DeniseNCC1701
    DeniseNCC1701 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had a stall at 4 weeks, then again at 6 weeks. They stink. But you have to push through it. Your body is going through lots of changes and is healing. Like everyone says, trust the process. Follow your surgeon's instructions and you'll be just fine!
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    Today I am eight weeks out I guess I was considered a lightweight HW:185 CW:161 GW:125
    I had a stall for more than a week about three weeks out. I also feel sometimes that I might be doing something wrong or that it isnt coming off fast enough but I have to keep reminding myself that the weight crept up pretty slowly so its better to have it come off slow and steady I guess. Trying to stay positive. Would love to see what others are eating daily as I feel like I'm eating the same thing all the time!
  • Mangopickle
    Options

My food diary is open, feel free to look:)