May 1 How did everyone's workout go today?

Options
tmjdunn
tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
I did my Lvl1 Day 1 workout today and it felt so good. It was challenging in all the right ways and i felt like I got a fantastic burn in. How is everyone else feeling today?

Replies

• beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love week 1 workout. You are right, it is challenging in a good way and I burned way more than I did in any of the 30 DS workouts. This is my second round of the RI30 program so I will see how it turns out in the end. Keep it up!
  • Jade2240
    Jade2240 Posts: 162
    Options
    I agree ladies I really liked the workout! Also I peeked at the last level and omg it looks hard but awesome! She was also cracking me up. The jillian personality really shines through with this DVD and I love it.
  • Apollo090
    Apollo090 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Loved it! Went for a walk after too :)
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm doing mine after work tonight. Thanks ladies, I'm totally jazzed to do this after reading your posts (even though it's 90 degrees today)!
  • educatyion
    educatyion Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It was a nice challenge. I'm alternating between both the shred and this wkout, daily so it feels nice getting stronger!
  • Melissas9799
    Melissas9799 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 1st day! It was a challenge but I liked it. :)
  • Nomatterhowsmall
    Nomatterhowsmall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just finished. Sweaty, but doable. I liked it! :D
  • ashleyjohnstonn1
    ashleyjohnstonn1 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed it! It seems that Jillian took the tips from 30 Day Shred and really made this one great :)
  • Diesel_Girl
    Diesel_Girl Posts: 39
    Options
    My quads were on FIIIIIRREEEE! Loved the workout! Workout 2 is scheduled for Saturday morning! :)
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Just finished. Sweaty, but doable. I liked it! :D
    My quads were on FIIIIIRREEEE!

YES to both of these! Not sure if it was the (finally) warm whether, or if this is a lot harder than 30DS, but I was sweating like crazy! Also, as a soccer player, workout DVDs very rarely give me a good leg workout, but today my quads and hamstrings are DEAD! I'm loving this! Did day 1 last night, and day 2 this morning.
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Got my first day of Ripped in 30 done this morning, I agree with sweaty but doable. My legs are still a little shaky!! Wasn't feeling well yesterday so I am a day behind. Love that the cool down is longer and each stretch was held longer, I always needed to stretch more after 30 DS. Keep up the good work!!
  • beautifullyblessed16
    Options
    Finished Day 2. In addition to being sore in my hamstrings from yesterday, I noticed that I am also very sore in my upper back while doing those reverse chest flies. I definitely have gotten so much better with those this time around. On my first round of RI30, it seemed I was trying to raise those flies with my neck muscles...lol. Now I can do them with a very relaxed neck using 5 pound weights.

I just look goofy with those side lunges and front raises. I only have 5 and 10 pound weights but I need to find something smaller for that exercise. The 5 pound weights are too much for me to be able to keep a good form at the moment. Any ideas on what I can use?

Overall, I am loving this workout. Guess I better enjoy it while I can because week 2 will be coming soon to kick my behind!
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I just look goofy with those side lunges and front raises. I only have 5 and 10 pound weights but I need to find something smaller for that exercise. The 5 pound weights are too much for me to be able to keep a good form at the moment. Any ideas on what I can use?

I agree, I'm not strong enough to keep up with them since I only have 5 and 10 lb weights as well. I usually just to two (one on each side), then skip the next two -- basically every other one. This way I'm still getting in the lunges and building my shoulder muscles without getting too fatigued too fast. I did this with a couple moves on the 30DS and was able to work my way up to more reps with the 5lb weights.
  • tmjdunn
    tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
    Options

I have 2# and 3# weights. If you don't want to by smaller weights you could use waterbottles. Full 20oz bottles are just shy of 2 pounds. I did this when I was first starting out tith the 30DS and didn't have weights yet.

I did Day two today and man my hamstrings are killing me too! I think I am going to do some nice restorative yoga tonight to try and stretch them out a little more, or maybe soak in an epsome salt bath.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 also today, and made the mistake of wearing heels to work today...not too sore yet, but know it's coming for me by the end of the day. Going to take a nice long walk with the dog tonight and hope that keeps me from getting too sore.

I am also noticing a lot of tension in my neck while I am doing the chair flies and lunges. I'm only using 5 lb weights, but maybe it's too much.
  • beautifullyblessed16
    Options
    I did day 2 also today, and made the mistake of wearing heels to work today...not too sore yet, but know it's coming for me by the end of the day. Going to take a nice long walk with the dog tonight and hope that keeps me from getting too sore.

I am also noticing a lot of tension in my neck while I am doing the chair flies and lunges. I'm only using 5 lb weights, but maybe it's too much.

I totally understand about the neck tension. As I mentioned earlier, that was my issue with the chair flies the first time I did RI30. Now that I have built up a little more upper body strength, I can handle them much better this time around. I think having too much weight is the issue and it is causing too much strain and compromised form. I am going to try using smaller weights to see if that will help the issue tomorrow.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Is it starting to feel "easier"? You know it's just you are getting better, stronger....right!? Keep up the good work!