May goal(s)

kawookie
kawookie Posts: 813 Member
While the goal of the challenge is to have as many green days as possible, the individual goal is something you set based on your personal circumstances (e.g. travel, holidays, special events).

You can always increase your goal as you progress through the month, so if you are new it is suggested you set a goal you are sure you can achieve and then increase it when you get close to achieving your original goal.

Optional: If you struggle with drinking the required 8 glasses of water, then our optional hydr8 challenge is for you. Set your goal for blue days, days you will drink 8 or more cups of water. (If you want to participate in both please give me your two goals - one for green days and one for number of days you will drink 8 or more cups of water).

Please post your goal for green days and blue days below.

Replies

• moneil25
    moneil25 Posts: 311 Member
    Hi Kawookie

I'm happy to see that you have kept this group going. I'm ready to try again. I will be tracking every day , but I likely won't post on here every day. I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary on MFP in a few days and have it in my mind on day 1 of the new year to start a fresh year of commitment.

For this challenge I am going for 20 green days. I have found that if I set a reasonable goal it works better for me mentally. I will be working to meet that goal and surpass it.
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    I'm back AGAIN and aiming for a successful month. I bailed out last month and I want to redeem myself. This month my goal is 25 green days (diamond) and 30 blue days. Thanks for offering this group for another month!
  • SonyaKou
    SonyaKou Posts: 33 Member
    Just found your group. Excited to have a accountability system!
  • roccovole
    roccovole Posts: 17 Member
    Hi - just found and joined this group - my goals are - 25 green days and 20 blue days. Thank you for taking the time to organise and run this group - need all the help and motivation I can get!
  • miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Hi!
    My goal for May is 25 green days, I won´t be participating in the water challenge, since I no longer have troubles with it.
    And an additional "personal" goal is to be more active, as in the last weeks of April I kind of dissapeared.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Hello, new and rejoining members! Glad to see you all here. Thanks to Kawookie & the other moderators for keeping this going. (cue round of applause)

May Goals:
    green - 31
    Blue - 25 (some days, I just don't count it, even though I usually drink it.)

Additional Personal Goal: 15 Chevy Green days. I have had too many days in the last month that I didn't make it up to my maintenance calorie goal and have weighed in under my maintenance range the last two Sundays. I really don't want to lose anymore and I think given myself a goal to be Chevy Green will help. (Those days will not be days I coach soccer or attend Zumba class, so don't look for them on Thursdays.)

Happy May and success to all!
    Melissa
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    I need to kick my butt back into gear. It seems like I joined team red in April. So for this month, I am going for at least 10 greens without the Chevy rule and 25 greens total. (While this is not tracked on our spreadsheet, it is a personal goal.)

Water challenge is at 30 -- there have been a few close calls recently with forgetting about water so I need something to keep me mindful.
  • GrandMaKandy
    GrandMaKandy Posts: 259 Member
    Oh yeah! So need this challenge to kick my but back into gear. Thanks for keeping the flag flying Kawookie I'm aiming for;

25 green days to begin with
    20 blue ones.
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm going for 24 Green Days and 31 Blue days.
    I'm going on vacation tomorrow until May 6th. I haven't decided if I'll be tracking or not, but I'll be sure to chug the water.
    This challenge has been instrumental in my success with this lifestyle change of food and drink in moderation. :drinker:
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    My goals are 31 blue days and 22 green days. I'm new to the challenge and I hope I'll stick to my goals and make them!
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Glad to see this challenge for another month. This month has a lot of challenges; my birthday, a trip to Las Vegas, mothers day and family visiting........ I am going to schedule a few red days to account for this however am really hoping to get even closer to my goal weight by the end of this month. So here they are:

Green: 28/31
    Blue: 31/31

Keeping blue at the max as April was the first month that I was able to keep my water intake up and having a goal as max definitely helped me to be accountable.

Good Luck everyone!!
  • ktaylormusic
    ktaylormusic Posts: 151 Member
    Hooray for kawookie for keeping this going!

I'll have another go this month, because the end of last month was a bit of a washout, and I'd really like to bust through this months-long plateau by getting away from loosey-goosey measuring and back to being a stickler for awhile. I'm guessing that's the problem.

Shooting for 25 green and 31 blue. And, as a personal additional goal, 20 of what I'm calling gold days, aka days I either get my 10,000 steps OR do at least 30 minutes of actual deliberate exercise of some form.

welcome to the new folks and welcome back to those rejoining!
  • fionauu
    fionauu Posts: 52 Member
    green days 31

blue days 31

cant afford a cheat day lol
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    So glad to be here again---

I am going to shoot for 27 green days. I really like the idea of setting a personal goal for Chevy days---because it's nice to have that wiggle room---but not so nice when you are tempting the boundaries daily. :grumble: I'm not setting a number but I am going to be more aware of how many I am using. I really hope this is a non-issue as I plan to continue my 3 day per week fasting schedule through May.

For water I will shoot for 31. No reason not to have enough water.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Hi!

Hooray for Kawookie, R_Queenie, JBHarwood for keeping this going and updated. I am liking it!

I am going to take a page from the "Moniel Handbook" and set more modest goal this month.

20 Days

But I am going to try to Keep it Green for the entire month (I have a spreadsheet where I track everything)

=====================

I will not be doing the water challenge because I have no problems drinking enough water :flowerforyou:
  • dezawada
    dezawada Posts: 238 Member
    Okay starting again for the !!!!!!@$# time. ( Oh that was a number and a sigh) So it seams that 20/31 sounds good or since I am starting on the 3rd 20/29