new med soon - another weight gainer

Options
I'm on clopixol, getting movement side effects - switching to respiridone which i always gain 2 stone in the first 6 moths

I always lost it again both times but now after time on clopixol it's gone back on slowly...

I'm 80 kg and can't gain 2 stone now ...Very worried about the next 6 months... it might not be worse than what i'm on in the long run

but i have literally lost the capacity to diet. I have started eating sensibly now and i'm slowly losing weight a tiny bit a day

it's not a diet i still have sweet stuff just not loads of it i still have meals just not huge ones - it is a wrench to go from a perfect solution to my binge starve binge - of just not dieting.

towards a 6 month hunger hell

what am i supposed to do?

Replies

• clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i hate the weight gain the comes with meds. it sounds like you're doing the right things by dieting. maybe add a walk every day, start out slow, just 5 or 10 min. every little bit helps. its hard to get started, but once you do, it gets easier.

i take seroquel and it drove my weight up 50lbs. i'm still struggling to take it off, so i know what you're going through. keep your chin up, you'll take the weight back off.

if the meds work, theres nothing better than that.

good luck, :)
  • KateV888
    KateV888 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Have you talked with your psychiatrist about trying another med in the same class which is less likely to cause weight gain? Not all AAPs have the same weight gain profile. I think Abilify and Latuda are supposedly less likely to cause weight gain. Maybe others? I'm on Latuda for that reason.