Thailand Plastic Surgery Vacation Group

Options
julieworley376
julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
This is for all those interested in going to Thailand for plastic surgery to get rid of loose skin. We are considering going as a group in a couple of years or so. I have created this space to chat about it, for information on prices and for any reviews we come across.

Anyone interested please join in with your comments and questions!

Replies

• Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm very interested !!! Just when I didn't think I could get anymore motivated!!
  • JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Why Thailand for the surgery?
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Why Thailand? One third the cost of U.S. for a full body lift. We can book what's called a "medical vacation."
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This could be interesting....
  • julieworley376
    Options
    I would be open to other countries. Karen said Thailand has been getting better reviews than Mexico and I think it's safer? Anyway we have time, but this is a gathering place for all things to do with Medical Vacation. We thought going as a group would give us safety in numbers and make recovery more fun!
  • julieworley376
    Options
    And I think it is a huge goal to work towards. Not everyone wants plastic surgery, but many of the formerly morbidly obese will want it, I know I do. If we can find a place with a good reputation and low enough costs that we can get loans/save up for it, I think it is a great idea. Karen also suggested we could get a block booking price at the hotel. Some companies do the whole thing, arrange surgery, flights and medical and you pay for the lot in one.

I will do some research into reputable companies and hospitals with good records from people who have actually been there done that.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Let's throw in the idea of turning this into a reality show and having someone else pay for it! I'm going to dig around for contacts. I think I have one at discovery fit and health.
  • julieworley376
    Options
    I think it's a fantastic idea Karen.. thanks. Reality TV needs something different.. they have been doing the Biggest Loser for years.. move over Kardashians they NEED US!!
  • monmonof3
    monmonof3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in finding out about this. My son had some dental implants done in Costa Rico. He had excellent care and perks that aren't offered in the US for a LOT less money,
    :happy:
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    There are several excellent healthcare facilities in Thailand. I know several folks who have gone there. The cost is some much cheaper than the USA. The plastic surgery is very good...actually many specialize in 'gender changes'. The recovery areas are very good too. I am working in the middle east and a lot of expats go there for plastic surgery. I can ask around too.
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I will be interested to see what you find out. I am afraid of the idea as I dont like having anesthesia. I have heard you should wait one year after weight loss before surgery to give your body time to adjust. On the other side - I am curious.
  • julieworley376
    Options
    http://www.thaimedicalvacation.com/body-lift-thailand-body-contouring-bangkok-reviews-pictures-prices/2/

Here is a link I found from one company, there is also information on packages they do which include everything including hotel stay and flights.

In the article it states that you should have attained your goal weight for at least 3 months before you have a body lift unless you have had gastric band surgery in which case the wait should be 6 months to a year or longer.

I would probably go for the 3 months myself and use that phase for final planning. It makes sense to me that if we go for this we need to do our best to be as fit as possible. I had major surgery back in 2007 and it kicked my butt. The body lift is also major surgery and sometimes done in more than one because of that fact. I would be wanting the tummy tuck and breast lift at least.. but I absolutely want my arms and thighs done after that.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I would be wanting the tummy tuck and breast lift at least.. but I absolutely want my arms and thighs done after that.

Do some research on the 'arm' surgery. I know several people with very bad experiences....pulled skin too tight which limits movement and then 'keloids' formed on the scar tissue. In the end they could not wear short sleeves nor sleeveless like they had intended to do. So do research the pro's and con's of arm surgery.
  • julieworley376
    Options
    Thank you, I absolutely will.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in what you find out here -- I am on the fence with the whole skin thing though
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Let's throw in the idea of turning this into a reality show and having someone else pay for it! I'm going to dig around for contacts. I think I have one at discovery fit and health.

That was called "The Swan" possible one the the worlds most disturbing and horrifying reality plastic surgery competition show ever made. A show about a group of women with low self esteem and a bad body image who think they are ugly and who are judge by their ugliness and then given plastic surgery to "fix their problems" and once they are transformed pits them against one another in a beauty contest.

This about sums it up: start at the 1:44min mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDfDhVl3DBM
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I would definitely be interested in what you guys find out. I would LOVE to be able to get plastic surgery. I already have a lot of excess, sagging skin and I still have a ways to go. My insurance absolutely refuses to pay for it saying that it isn't medically necessary. Now I would have to agree that no matter how bad I would love to have my arms done and my breasts put back where they belong, that is NOT medically necessary. BUT, my legs and my lower abdomen are absolutely medically necessary. The excess, sagging skin inhibits my ability to move around like I need to. Right now my only options for plastic surgery are to either win the lottery or find myself a sugar daddy, lol.
  • IlluminatedMayhem
    Options
    I don't think I could ever afford skin removal. Especially since my first choice for surgery would be a breast reduction when I'm done having children. (If weight loss doesn't get me down to a DD or smaller)

I would be interested in seeing what it actually costs though.
  • julieworley376
    Options
    A full body lift in Thailand costs around $8,000 for a package.
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in what you all find out. One of the reasons I was so scared to lose weight previously was that I feared saggy excess skin. I just feared that I'd still hate myself and my body. Knowing how much skin removal surgery costs in the U.S. it was a big disincentive for a while. On its own it wouldn't be so bad, but I have student loans, credit cards, saving up for a wedding, saving up for a house...so it seemed unlikely. Anyway, the more information the better.