May 1 - Intro's and start weights

Options
foxytrotter82
foxytrotter82 Posts: 65 Member
Hey guys, I'm Toni. I am 31 and a fulltime single mom to a 1.5 yo toddler who is pretty much nuts.I do a ton of outdoor activities like jogging, hiking, and walking everywhere, along with a bit of strength cuirut training at home with Jillian Michaels or YouTube tutorials.

Start weight (may 1st) : 217

May goals: This month I'll be aiming for 8-10lb loss. And,100km by foot. Running, walking, hiking.

Let's hear from you....

Intro
SW (as of may 1:
May goals

WERK!

Replies

• sgwhit
    sgwhit Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well I managed to get down to 189, back in October of last year, but over the winter I am now back up to around 212. So I'm in.
    May goals: to start logging my food on MFP again, and going to the gym at least 3 times a week.
    SW 212
  • Kitty70f9
    Kitty70f9 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My name is Heather, and I am a mom to a 9 year old and a 2 year old. I work full time at an insurance company, at a desk. Boo! I love running, even though I am terrible at it. Every time I start improving, I have a set back. Currently, after a miscarriage, surgery, and moving, I am pretty much at a beginner level again, but up and on! I am also starting to do strength training with kettle bells and stuff like that, hopefully this week.

I have ADHD and so that has always been a part of my problem staying motivated and *remembering* that I am trying to lose weight, lol. But I am going to keep trying because of my girls. And I am wanting to do a Spartan race someday, and other similar races. I want to be strong and fit! Not weak and fat!

My starting weight at of May 1st was 221.8, and today (5/2) it is 221.3 (could be water weight, who knows)

May Goals: lose 11.3 lbs. It's a little ambitious, but even if I come close, I will be happy.
  • foxytrotter82
    foxytrotter82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Awesome goals. We can do it. I totally have junk food amnesia and always forget about the doughnut or candy or other treats after a few hours when there's more offered.

I'm better now, but it takes a few weeks of being as hardcore on point as you can to get into your new healthy habits. Once you do, you start looking at food differently, your tastes change and suddenly you prefer your healthy choices instead of feeling gross.

I always start by setting a goal of one perfect day.... Then go for two. Can I do 5 whole days? Have a free day then do it again.
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Start weight (may 1st) : 229

May goals: Lose 15 lbs. Its a lot but I've done it before. Continue working out everyday, burn at least 3500 calories a week, and go jogging three times a week. I will also like to start working out during my lunch breaks, and continue my weight training.

Onederland will be here soon everyone! :)
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I was 180lbs before i fell prego gained it all back plus more.

I wanna be slimmer for my holiday in August little girlie break.
    I would like to hope in the month of May i could lose between 8-10lbs but i since we are three days in i have already lost 3lbs. But i have lost a pound a day all this week. ive yet to update my tracker on here because i weigh in on sundays so ill weight for tomorrow.

May 1.. 205lb

gw is to get 10lb off or more. So i 3lbs down now 7lb to go
  • teyadu133
    teyadu133 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Glad to be part of this group!
    My name is Teya, I'm 32, happily married, and am blessed with two wonderful boys (8 and 4). I was successful with MFP in the fall of 2012 and made it down to 188 lbs before getting lazy again. Well, I had to go swimsuit shopping recently... :( Let's just say that trying on swimsuits is EXCELLENT motivation to start exercising and logging my calories again!!!
    Starting weight: 206 lbs
    May 2014 Goals: Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day, log food every day, and weigh 196 lbs by May 31!!!
    Best wishes to everyone!!!
  • lisamarienolen
    lisamarienolen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa. I also sit at a desk job all day just dying to get home to my little 10-month old girl and my hubby. On the evenings and weekends we are usually on the move out and about but that doesn't always equate to physical exercise. We're looking forward to spring/summer with lots of walks, bike rides, walks around the zoo and hikes. I was down to 178 lbs when I get pregnant but then gained 60 lbs with my pregnancy that I'm trying to work off now. Eesh. I'm learning to be very patient with myself and walk solidly in this lifestyle of healthy eating and healthy living to model healthy weight and nutrition for my little one. My husband is on board with me and that's making it much more doable. Also lifting has been really fun for me this time around.

My starting weight as of May 1 is 227.8. This morning after an off-track weekend I weighed in at 232 (what??) but I'm sticking with the 227.8 as my official starting weight for May. I may not get down to 199 by the first day of summer but I'm going to get as close as I can and I'm really excited about the support so I hope you don't mind me sneaking in on this one. :)

My goals for May are walk/run 25 miles, weigh 218 lbs and bench 90# at five sets of five reps.
  • SkylerDriveMommy
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am currently the heaviest I've ever been and breaking back into "Onederland" by summer sounds great to me!
    I have to attend a cousin's wedding on June 14th and will be seeing relatives that I haven't seen in many, many years.
    I'm going to be heavier than I would like, but I am hoping to drop at least 10 pounds by then.

I have two children (my son is 5 1/2 and my daughter is 7 1/2).
    I am hypothyroid so the pounds don't come off as easily as they used to.

My starting weight is 207.8 and my goals for May are to track daily, workout 4 times/week and start eating at home versus eating out so often.

This is my first time on My Fitness Pal and I look forward to it helping me to achieve my goals.
  • smedynski
    smedynski Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Sara and I would love be in Onederland by this summer! I'm 31, Married, and I manage an animal hospital (so 50/50 split desk job and crazy running around and bending and lifting animals all day). I started back with MFP as part of my New Years commitment to get healthy so my husband and I can start a family. Last year I lost about 20 lbs on my own and this year with the help of MFP and a wonderful supportive boot camp I found I have lost another 23 lbs. Due to some health issues I tend to lose weight slowly despite diet and exercise but I don't let this discourage me. I am happy to be active and just to lose! I have lost 23.5 inches so far this year which has been a bigger victory than the lbs lost (I lost quite a bit of weight around my middle so people no longer mistake me for being pregnant!)

I follow a LCHF (low-carb high fat) diet under the supervision of my doctor and a nutritionist. For awhile we limited my carbs to 25g per day all from veggies (no fruits, no starches, no grains, no sugar, limited dairy) but as we've increased my exercise I've been able to slowly increase my carb intake (still no fruits, no starches, no grains, no sugar, limited dairy) and I sometimes have a cheat meal once a week.

SW (As of May 5th): 214.8
    My goals for May are to get in at least 60 minutes of activity per day, drink at least a gallon of water per day, get at least 8 hours of sleep per night and be able to pass FitRanx Level 1 testing (minimum) which means I need to keep practicing my plank!

I look forward to seeing everyone's progress!!! :-)