Buying shoes online: advice please? :)

Options
What is the cheapest/ most durable/ supportive shoes to buy for running. Does anyone know of any good brands or websites? Thanks ^_^

Replies

• 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Websites, yes. Brands and fits are personal preference, you'll get no recommendations here other than "figure out what you want..."

roadrunnersports.com - if you get the VIP, it gets you 10% off and free shipping. Depending on how much you buy, you can get it to pay for itself. They offer a trial period, I just can't remember how long.

holabirdsports.com - good prices, especially if you stick to the clearance stuff.

runnerswarehouse.com - same deal as Hola Bird.

I also find things on steepandcheap.com, but you have to watch - items are sold one item at a time until it sells out, so you have catch things. And they have side sets of deals which you can catch things in. Good for trail running stuff and hiking equipment.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    What is the cheapest/ most durable/ supportive shoes to buy for running.

Depends on your running gait, your weight, what type of terrain you run on etc. What works for me, probably won't work for you.

Bottom line, get properly fitted for shoes.

I buy replacement pairs online, but the best sites for me aren't going to work for you, as I'm in the UK :),
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    usually I get shoes fitted in the store and then buy another pair online cheaper. I use runningwarehouse because my running club has a discount code for it. but their clearance and sale area is great.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I love 6pm.com (subsidiary of Zappos/Amazon)

I am not qualified to comment on shoes with lot of support because I dont use them