Smoothies anyone?

Options
Ignaura
Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
So, as a part of the changes my trainer is making to my diet I have to had at least two cups of fruit everyday and a pre-workout meal. Since I go to the gym first thing morning, I've seen myself stressing about what am I going to eat at 5:15AM, before the gym! So I decided to have my fruit in the morning, before the gym, with some protein powder and have pre-workout smoothies. Do you have recipes to share? I'm currently having spinach, pineapple and banana smoothie every day, but would to try different things so I don't grow tired of it.

Would love to read your ideas!

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,707 Member
    Options
    What a clever way to do meet your trainer's directions! I'm not a smoothie drinker, but had to notice your impressive management skills. :smile:
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    I have tried those shakes before but have not done homemade smoothie. I love the ones I get out and have been interested in trying to make them so threw can be diabetic friendly!
  • fun2fit1006
    fun2fit1006 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie has @1/2 cup light almond milk, a big handful baby spinach, 1 cup frozen pineapple, 1 cup frozen mango. I'll usually add in a little protein powder, and I'm experimenting with adding in flaxseed.
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My friend Kate just introduced me to the most awesome thing in the whole entire world - the Yonanas machine :) It turns bananas and fruit into ice cream that actually tastes like (albeit banana-y) ice cream. Frozen fruit = ice cream! I am in yum heaven. Smoothes, no more. No sugar added, just frozen fruit. My friend saw how much I loved hers and bought me my own machine LOL. I just had a bowl of raspberry ice cream that was a banana and a cup of raspberries.

OK, that's my rave about the Yonanas.

For smoothies, I usually do 2/3 cup greek yogurt, some honey or maple syrup, and fruit - peach raspberry is my fave combination. :)