Tomorrow is the day!

Options
After 4 months tomorrow is the day. Feeling nervous about surgery but know I'm making the best decision for my health. I made the decision to finally do something after not fitting on a ride at six flags. It was embarrassing for both me and my daughters and I knew then something had to change. I've been big so long and have gone off and on diets for years. It is very reassuring reading all the success stories posted by everyone and I look forward to adding my own in the near future. :smile:

Replies

• TammyP64
    TammyP64 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! How exciting for you. I just had my surgery on the 29 of April. Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery! :happy:
  • cutty805
    cutty805 Posts: 54
    Options
    Thank you! Your just a few days out yourself, hope you have a fast recovery as well.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You must be so excited! I think everyone who had surgery was nervous right before. After all, your life is really going to change, but it will be change for the better! It's going to be an exciting journey. It will be the best decision you made and your health and quality of life will improve SO much! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • cutty805
    Options
    Thank you so much for the positive words and congratulations on your progress! Your progress is inspiring!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the positive words and congratulations on your progress! Your progress is inspiring!

I lost 70 before surgery, because it was almost 9 months from the start of my process (my insurance required 6 months in the program before they would even schedule the sleep test, EGD, etc.) until I had my surgery. I have lost 84 since, and I feel amazing, and you will too! Please keep us all posted on your progress!
  • plmelquist
    plmelquist Posts: 42
    Options
    Congrats! Mine was last Monday, the 28th. You'll do great! If you haven't already, buy a juicer!
  • AdrenilineDad
    Options
    Congrats, just had mine! All the post here are fairly accurate as to what to expect. Stay hydrated and dont worry about the calories right away...its work. Keep us updated.
    Cheers,
    AD
  • cutty805
    Options

I lost 70 before surgery, because it was almost 9 months from the start of my process (my insurance required 6 months in the program before they would even schedule the sleep test, EGD, etc.) until I had my surgery. I have lost 84 since, and I feel amazing, and you will too! Please keep us all posted on your progress!
    [/quote]

Thank you so much for your insight, I'll keep you posted on my progress!
  • cutty805
    Options
    Thank you!
    Congrats, just had mine! All the post here are fairly accurate as to what to expect. Stay hydrated and dont worry about the calories right away...its work. Keep us updated.
    Cheers,
    AD
  • cutty805
    Options
    Picked up a juicer today, thank you!
    Congrats! Mine was last Monday, the 28th. You'll do great! If you haven't already, buy a juicer!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Success and fast healing for you my friend!
  • tabithascatena
    tabithascatena Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and best of luck! You will do great! I am 10 days post-op. I had the same fears. I must have asked my husband 5 times before they wheeled me in for surgery if I was making the right decision. He continued to encourage me. I know I did. You can do it!

Keep us posted!