runDisney

Options
fnash4
fnash4 Posts: 8 Member
Is anyone else looking to do any runDisney events? Has anyone done any in the past?

Replies

• 1CEUPONA7IME
    1CEUPONA7IME Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to be able to participate in a RunDisney event! I have a long way to go though!
  • watsdd
    watsdd Posts: 21
    Options
    I did the Disney marathon last year and am doing the princess half with my wife in feb. i love them. i already decided to do the Tower 10 miler in Oct and the Dopey next year as well. happiest place to run on earth.
  • Disneychele
    Options
    I too am really excited about participating in a runDisney event. I am a dedicated walker, but have NEVER run before, so I also have a long way to go!
  • fnash4
    Options
    I have never done any run events of any kind. I'm going to to the ToT 10-miler this October. 10 months to train!
  • watsdd
    watsdd Posts: 21
    Options
    fnash4- If youare training for the 10 miler you could easily get ready to do the half at the Disney marathon which is 2-3 months later-
  • mommafit38
    Options
    I love runDisney events. I did the princess in 2011 and then did Tinkerbell and Princess again this year. I am heading to Disney next week to participate in the Dopey challenge and really really hope I finish it! They are great races for beginner runners, which I still consider myself to be. My issue with them is that the course has gotten much more crowded and the priced keep going up.
  • fluffychick73
    fluffychick73 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A runDisney race is definitely on my bucket list! I am not a runner, but completed my first 5K last year.
  • CheekyRunner
    CheekyRunner Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My dream is not only to run a Disney race but to run them all. I just wish it didn't take 23 hours to drive there. I would make signing up for one of their races so much easier for me.:laugh:
  • moleighsmom
    moleighsmom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I did the ToT in 2012 but finances kept me from doing it in 2013. I watched all the posts and tweets from the amazing people doing the Dopey Challenge and decided I had to do another. Registered for the Expedition Everest Challenge in May. It's only a 5K but with obstacles! Now to scrimp & save the money for hotel & park tickets. Lol I forgot to mention, I'm not a runner, I walk with purpose! :)
  • samcunningham908
    Options
    Def want to do the PHM in 2016, the reason so far in advance is that living in the UK can only visit once a year, but if they decide to do a Paris race, I'll be there quicker than anything :)
  • AutumnFrostfall
    AutumnFrostfall Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We're in the planning stages for doing RunDisney marathons. My husband & I have to start training, as well as plan for the trips. We figure to do the Tinkerbell half marathon & Disney Princess half marathons in Jan & Feb of one year so we can get the coast to coast challenge medal & the the Walt Disney full marathon in Jan of another year. That one we really need to train for since we want to do the Goofy & Dopey challenges.

Will lose weight for cute clothes. Will take up running for awesome medals.

Frost
  • disneybrass
    Options
    I aspire to do this one day. Right now I can't even follow the couch to 5K app., I have been getting exertion headaches - fun right? So I am doing it on my own. Shorter spurts of running with longer recovery times. I would like to talk hubby into it, but he does not have any desire to run, he is quite happy with a brisk walk - he will just have to come for support! I know it won't be for at least two years, other Disney vacations with family are on the schedual and would not line up with the events, I will keep an eye on them though.
    Good luck to all that are working toward that goal right now! °o°
  • disneybrass
    Options
    This is a cute link for anyone wanting to (or knows someone) run the Princess Half Marathon. http://www.runninghappilyeverafter.com/2014/02/SurvivingPHMGuideforMen.html
  • carl_garcia
    carl_garcia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just ran the Tinker Bell half in January. It was my very first half and I loved every minute of it! Trying to get into the Wine and Dine at Disney World in Orlando in November in order to get the Coast to Coast medal.
  • tapdance66
    Options
    On my bucket list as well. I can no longer run due to my RA - but I have found out that the RunDisney races are very walker friendly as long as you can maintain the 16 minute mile. So for those of you who feel like you have a long way to go - this might be a shorter term goal: work on getting in a 5K in 47-48 minutes and you are good to go. You can build from there.
    A friend & I are working on this goal now. We can get the 5K done, but we want to do a longer race and we have some room to build there. :)
  • disneybrass
    Options
    Good to know tapdance66! I have been trying to get into running, but I am experiencing some setbacks with hip pain. Also, my husband is not into running, and actually a little against it. He is more into walking. If I can get him to the 16 min mile we would be able to participate together ( I am still going to try to work up to running)!
  • Mishka0321
    Options
    I ran cross country in high school, but after that I've kind of hated running, but the idea of doing a disney run sounds really fun! Also, my friend wants me to go running with her in the mornings, haha so I guess I'm starting up running again! :)
  • lovingeire
    Options
    I have made it a goal to run the 5K and 10K at next year's Princess Half. Tomorrow is my first training day. I am not a runner, and normally think it is reserved for when your life is in danger, and then I hope I have a weapon, but seriously, I need something to motivate me to get out and exercise. I am struggling as a mom of 3 who works at home. I feel like I'm either taking care of the kids, working, then housework and anything for me like exercise comes last. So it's time to carve out time for myself.
  • fnash4
    Options
    So after an injury set me back, I will not be able to run the ToT race in October.:sad: I have officially signed up for my first race though. Animal Welfare Association is a local rescue group and they are doing a 5k fund raiser. Along with being a DA, I am also an avid dog lover. I currently have 2 of my own and 3 fosters looking for a forever home.
    If you are able, please consider sponsoring me in my first race. No donation is too small and it all goes to a great cause!
    http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1098994&lis=0&kntae1098994=B0441B210BA84E6088A2456810121D0A&supid=404463291
  • DisneyBecca
    DisneyBecca Posts: 49
    Options
    My husband and I did the Princess 5K a few years ago. I would like to participate in more races in the future (especially the ToT and Everest ones), but I do not have any solid plans for that yet.