Which DVD for someone who has been walking?

Options
I have done a lot of walking on treadmill I do about 2 hrs at 4.9 kph thought the day (normally in 30min chucks) I have lost 4st in total.

I am trying to mix things up a bit and reduce the time on the treadmill. I see Leslie Sansone Walk DVD can mix things up by adding different ranges of movement, weights and other toning methods.

I have looked at the DVD's on Amazon, however, I am confused with the differences between them. Can anyone explain the differences other than the distances?

Which ones do you recommend?

On a side note, I am having to reduce the time spent due to work so need to increase calorie burn per shortened workout (I am not ready for running) any ideas? Someone suggested replacing some of the cardio with strength training .

Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Hi -

Sounds like you might really benefit from one of the newer DVDs, "Walk it Off in 30." It has two segments, one thirty minute cardio session and one thirty minute strength training session with weights. (Leslie and some of the walkers use very light weights during the cardio session, but it is not necessary.) The program is designed to alternate the workouts for six days, take a rest on 7. Nice and short, but incorporates both elements. Because yes, strength training is key to overall fitness and really good for you.

To find out the differences in her videos, I would suggest reading reviews on Amazon, or checking out descriptions on collagevideo.com. There are some that are just cardio, some incorporate through bands, some through weights. It depends on your taste, fitness level and the amount of time you want to work out.

Good luck!!!