Check In May 4, 2014

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Good morning!

What are your healthy plans for the day?

I am at a friend's timeshare in Vermont for a few days. We have two units and 8 laughing women--Good times! I am in charge of aquasize. The good news is the pool is less than 30 feet away. The bad news is the kitchen is full of bread , my nemesis. The other good news is that the kitchen is sugar free! And loaded with fruit and veggies as my friend is trying to help me stay on track!

Replies

• Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Great day and Blessings to all!! I plan on going for a walk around our local park with the Bestie, or if it is raining at the time, putting on some loud music and dancing the bootie off!! :laugh:
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Karen that is awesome! How I wish I was right there with you guys. It's wonderful that they are helping you like that, too often such gatherings are an excuse for sugar excess in all it's forms. Wonderful stuff! Bread, ah yes, I love bread too, especially crusty on the outside and soft on the inside with tons of... oh no.. STOP! LOL

Love the image of dancing the bootie off Sandy.

I am hoping we get to walk the woods at the park again today, the dogs love it and I love it. Wonderful smells of pine and wild shrubs and lots of fresh air, I love trees.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Options
    WooHoo! My first noticeable NSV! I shaved my legs today not just the bottoms, my whole legs -fronts, backs, tops, and bottoms! Its Capri season so I figured - give it a try. Now my next goal - give myself a pedicure. I tried today -no go. My feet are in such bad shape. The calluses are so bad that every time I walk they crack. My socks are bloody by the end of the day. My sister has her own salon but I'm over the weight limit for her chair. Even if I wasn't I'm so short that my feet cant reach the foot bath anyway. She says come in anyway and they'll just use a chair and bucket, aaaa no!! :blushing:
  • debunny34
    debunny34 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    We are going back to the mall today, so at least I will get a bit of a walk in again. I hate the mall with a passion thought because it is horribly crowded when you go there. Took us at least 20 minutes just to get in the parking lot to park because of the traffic around it!!! Then we will be off to pick up my son late this afternoon again from his dads. I hate those long road trips every other weekend.

Sandy whoo hoo on shaving your legs!!! It is those little things that keep us going! :happy: Wow, your poor feet!! Have you tried soaking them in anything at home to help ? Sounds painful.

Karen I am so glad you are having a wonderful trip!!!! It is hard to not eat breads for me too so I can totally relate! Hopefully they have at least some healthier whole grain ones there? Good job though on still checking in even when on vacation!! :smile:

Julie it is so nice being outdoors isnt it? I am sure your dogs love you for it lol. You have fun getting in your walk today!
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I avoid the mall, I think in the 11 years I have lived here I have been there only a few times. My perception of the mall is that everything there is too expensive and I don't like wandering around window shopping. The other thing that bothers me is I am not sure which clothes stores I might wander into cater to my size. But the worst thing of all is the food court an Cinnabon.. the smells are so amazing and make me want to eat hungry or not! I just don't want that amount of pressure on me at this time.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Options
    Ya, I soak them all the time in salt water. I want to keep the cracks as clean as possible, I'm scared to get an infection. The problem is I cant reach them to scrap the dead skin off, so it just builds up. The thicker it gets, the easier it cracks. Its just a viscous cycle. And its going to end soon. I'm doing stretches every day. That coupled with the weight loss, I'll be touching my feet in no time. :wink: ewwwww, just thing about it is gross: :embarassed:
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Ya, I soak them all the time in salt water. I want to keep the cracks as clean as possible, I'm scared to get an infection. The problem is I cant reach them to scrap the dead skin off, so it just builds up. The thicker it gets, the easier it cracks. Its just a viscous cycle. And its going to end soon. I'm doing stretches every day. That coupled with the weight loss, I'll be touching my feet in no time. :wink: ewwwww, just thing about it is gross: :embarassed:

Oh, how painful!!!! Sandy, maybe try some coconut oil. If you can't reach your feet, melt some in a bowl and swish your feet in it. It has antifungal and antibacterial properties as well as moisturizers. What a wonderful NSV that will be when you can GIVE yourself a pedicure!!
  • loriarty
    loriarty Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday was my birthday, so I kind of splurged. Which I had planned so I gave no regrets. Today was still a bit bad. As in I ate left over junk and bought junk to eat. I ate too much and got sick. Oddly I found it a sign of progress. Because what I ate.... before I could have easily put back no problem. But now my stomach cramped and I got sick. I feel better and I am NEVER doing that again. I'm over my calories, no happy about it... but I accepted that I did it. I'm going to exercise for the challenge tonight when my stomach settles from the crap I just put it through.
  • Healthy4Sarah
    Healthy4Sarah Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I worked today :( but on both breaks I walked and also took a walk with my girls tonight. I'm a little frustrated by some unexplained weight gain this week but it's happened before. Just gotta keep at it and trust the process and it will come back off.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Well I'll be working off my three slices of pizza with a nice walk in the next half hour. I went down fro lunch and their it was, my nemesis, sitting on the counter calling to me. If people hadn't been their already eating it I dare to think what would have deepened if I had been left alone with it (I know what would have happened, i would have eaten as much as my stomach would allow).

Thankfully it hasn't done any damage to my day. Plus I got my compression shorts in the mail so its time to give those puppies a try with a nice walk around the lake.
  • debunny34
    debunny34 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am actually HOPING I am getting this making smarted choices while eating out down :). We had to do our usual eating out for dinner when we went to pick up my son and there are only a handful of restaurants in the town where we get him; mainly fast food which is a no go for me. I don't really like fast food even when I am not watching what I eat surprisingly, since I like most things lol. We ended up at a Mexican restaurant that we have eaten at a few times. I was worried to be honest about the chips and then the food choices. I only ate 3 chips, 3!! , omg you all do not know what a huge thing that is for me!! LOL I can normally clear a bowl of chips by myself!! I limited it to three and savored them so that I could just relish it, and it really wasn't that great. The salsa was good, but the chips..ehhh. I also ordered a new dish because I wanted to try something different and better for me. It was grilled fish, shrimp and chicken with veggies and rice which whoo hoo i subbed again for double veggies!!! When they brought that plate of food out even my husbands eyes got huge lol. It was a massive plate of food!! And actually ALL healthy!!!! I had to even get a to go box because I couldn't eat it all! Woot for lunch tomorrow!.

Sandy , What Karen said about coconut oil may help for sure. It is wonderful for things like that!! And your feet will smell yummy LOL!!

Pat, It is so hard to try to eat healthy with temptations in our face. :( Hopefully it gets easier as time goes on. Hope you had fun on your walk!!

Lori, So good that you accepted what you did and you are moving past it. That is all we can do. Tomorrow is a new day :) And good job on committing to getting some exercise in !!

Sarah, Grats on getting a few walks in today!! Don't worry about that scale, that is only a number. It will be how you feel , and how your clothes fit also. I know it is very discouraging though seeing the number go up. Every time mine does it makes me want to cry; especially if I feel like I have been doing everything I should. Just take a deep breath and disregard the mean scale :)

Julie I DESPISE the mall for all of the same reasons as you do lol. The food court kills me!!!! And today when we were there there was this wonderful smelling coffee shop right beside us that just made me want a frappachino lol I didn't give in, but that temptation was sure there!! Dang T-Mobile for not having a store closer to the sticks where we live!!!!! :laugh:
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I did well , stayed just within my calorie goal and because of the May challenge by Karen, I got off my bum and did two workouts, one with the DVD Biggest Losers for 10 minutes and the other was a 25 minute kettle bell core workout. I know my body is going to pay for it ....lol, but worth it!
  • monmonof3
    monmonof3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone for all of your victories. Because that is what is happening here. Checking-in raises our awareness which will then influence our choices (good choices most of the time :happy: . That being said, I really have come to realize that I have a lot of trouble keeping my food under control whenever I have my grandchildren with me. I will have to contemplate how to make healthy choices for myself and not give in to the temptations that are around whenever the children are. I know people will say to just feed them only healthy foods, but what might be healthy for them (blueberry whole-wheat pancakes from scratch for example) might not be something I should have. I will have to give that more thought and yes I would appreciate suggestions.

Karen, the May Challenge is motivating. After the grandchildren left, I wanted to just sit and rest, but I did a little housework because of the challenge. Now I am happier that the house is tidy.