Three days after....

Options
Well I kicked the pain med to the curb last night and actually got some sleep. My intestines also woke up...sounded like adding water to a high rise building with all the gurgling. I havent been able to reach my calories but have been staying hydrated. I think today is as tired as I have felt...is this normal?

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    It sounds pretty normal to me! I wasn't given a calorie goal, just a water and protein goal, and it was tough but I managed. I was definitely very tired, I have heard a lot of people say that they were as well. For me it got better when I went back to work, which was two weeks after surgery, and I would say I was getting back to normal as far as fatigue by the third or fourth week. Get as much rest as you can, whenever you can, before you go back to work!
  • plmelquist
    plmelquist Posts: 42
    Options
    I felt pretty tired days 3 and 4. I'm on the end of day 6 right now and feel totally normal. I am exhausted by bedtime, though. So I sleep really good at night. I'm heading back to work on Thurs 5/8.

Congrats!
  • GetWaisted
    GetWaisted Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Very normal for day 3. I'm two weeks post tomorrow and the tiredness gets better bu I'm also exhausted by the end of the day and mornings are hard for me and I've always been a morning person so that's an adjustment. But then I went back to work on Day 6 and I have 4 kids to tackle also.