Week one check-in: Tell us how you did!

Options
df1982
df1982 Posts: 147 Member
It's still the middle of Saturday in Vancouver, but I want to get this thread started because I know elsewhere people will be finishing up their day soon.

Congratulations on getting through week one of the challenge! It can be a tough one to get through. So, hats off to everyone for being here, even if you didn't reach ALL your goals for the week.

If you didn't get quite to where you wanted to be, tell us what didn't work this week. If you met or exceeded your goals, tell us what worked! Let's support and learn from each other, so that we can all move forward and have a great week two.

Replies

• Ramen237
    Ramen237 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi there! It's Saturday midday here, and technically my week will be over tomorrow night, but I wanted to post an update since I'm already here :)

My week 1 actually went pretty well. I've hit my daily fiber goal (>25g), exercise goal (30 min a day minimum), and my mental wellness goal -- to take a deep breath and don't be too hard on myself under stress :) I feel awesome about completing all these goals! I think my biggest relief comes from a slight shift in my mindset that occurred due to my mental health goal. I loved how good it feels to permit myself to feel sad or overwhelmed, and then let it go in an accepting kind of way. I think accepting yourself and your thoughts and feelings is a great and healthy thing, and it brought me some peace this week :smile:

I'm also continuing with Day 11 of the 21 day challenge, where I gave up sugar, butter, all sweets, junk food, and white flour products. I can see the difference in my skin already, but I'm not doing this for short-term benefits, whatever they may be. I'm doing it to see how much sweeter fruits taste now, and to give myself an interesting experience I can use in the future to build a sustainable way of eating that makes ME (body, mind, and soul) happy and content. :heart:

I will check in tomorrow night to set some goals for Week 2 of the 60 day challenge :)

Hope everyone's doing well, and I can't wait to read how you guys did! :drinker: Even if you didn't do as well as you wanted, please share your experience, because every experience we have matters and makes us stronger :drinker:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Week One went pretty well. I got 5 of my 6 scheduled workouts done for the week. My legs were really fatigued for some reason and I couldn't do a decent squat or lunge, so I took an extra rest day.

I logged all of my food, but need to remember to log my beverages.

Overall, it wasn't a bad week. I missed my reward, but perhaps that will be for next week's goals. :wink:
  • Chococatte
    Chococatte Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there! It's Saturday midday here, and technically my week will be over tomorrow night, but I wanted to post an update since I'm already here :)

My week 1 actually went pretty well. I've hit my daily fiber goal (>25g), exercise goal (30 min a day minimum), and my mental wellness goal -- to take a deep breath and don't be too hard on myself under stress :) I feel awesome about completing all these goals! I think my biggest relief comes from a slight shift in my mindset that occurred due to my mental health goal. I loved how good it feels to permit myself to feel sad or overwhelmed, and then let it go in an accepting kind of way. I think accepting yourself and your thoughts and feelings is a great and healthy thing, and it brought me some peace this week :smile:

I'm also continuing with Day 11 of the 21 day challenge, where I gave up sugar, butter, all sweets, junk food, and white flour products. I can see the difference in my skin already, but I'm not doing this for short-term benefits, whatever they may be. I'm doing it to see how much sweeter fruits taste now, and to give myself an interesting experience I can use in the future to build a sustainable way of eating that makes ME (body, mind, and soul) happy and content. :heart:

I will check in tomorrow night to set some goals for Week 2 of the 60 day challenge :)

Hope everyone's doing well, and I can't wait to read how you guys did! :drinker: Even if you didn't do as well as you wanted, please share your experience, because every experience we have matters and makes us stronger :drinker:
  • Chococatte
    Options
    Congratulations on completing week one ramen237, you're definitely on the right track! I look forward to reading more of your post and all of your accomplishments!!????
  • Chococatte
    Options
    df1982 Thank you for starting something wonderful, You Rock!
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Week one and did well. Started T25 and did all 5 days plus activity on day 6. Nutrition: improved but did not cut out bread and sugar completely. Wellness: I did start my journal. Reward: got a beautiful shade of light blue nail polish :happy:
    Ready to set goals for week 2. (Down 5 lbs as of this morning :bigsmile: )
  • Confidently
    Confidently Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Exercise goal- start week 1 of couch25k/ 30 minutes workouts minimum 5 days
    Wellness goal- practice meditation 4 days for 10 minutes a day
    Nutritional goal- stay within calorie goal and make serious effort to hit macros
    Reward- purchase first kettlebell

I didn't reach my exercise goal completely. I did get in the average of 30 minutes 5 days this week. However, the Couch25k training didn't happen. My heel has been giving me more trouble this week instead of less, I don't foresee my starting the training for some time so i need to reevaluate my goals for next week.
    Wellness goal- I reached my goal for the week.
    Nutritionally- I reached my goal for the week.
    No reward this week.
  • mykizmom
    mykizmom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Week one, went ok could have been better

Exercise goal- did three days 30 minutes, one day 1hour. So I guess I did it just did it in four days.
    Wellness - positive thinking went well and postive people as well because I really did not get with anyone this week.
    Nutrition- did not do as well as planned.
    Reward- I will only reward myself if I hit every goal. So same goals for next week.
  • b1moon
    b1moon Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello everyone, so my week went pretty well. I managed to eat five veggies/fruits a day, and i also did yoga once, but unfortunately i didn`t complete my fitness goal since i only jogged twice last week, so i`ll have to work on that :) I really look forward to next week and hopefully i will do better!
  • df1982
    df1982 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Busy weekend!

My week went well overall. I did go to the gym three times plus I did the one yoga class, and *I think* I ate gluten free. I definitely had a bad night on Friday - too much wine and too many snacks. But, I got back on track for the rest of the weekend which is great! I made enough time to read that I finally finished my novel, but I could have done better on the wellness front. I'll be looking to improve that this week! And, I haven't rewarded myself yet, but I am looking forward to a pedicure.

Great work everyone!

Elma
  • JoyfulToday
    JoyfulToday Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by all the posts that you ladies met your goals! That's lots of wonderful accomplishments! I didn't do as well but not terrible. The weigh in will tell.

My fitness goal of 3 runs 2 strength was accomplished!
    I slipped up a couple times on the gluten free- one was a panera cupcake I couldn't help it lol.
    My wellness goal of getting enough sleep the week of my move was a joke! I'm so sleepy.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Week one went okay for me but could of been a little better.

1) finish all workouts of CLX Push Phase week 3 - got in 4 days of the workouts but missed the 5th cardio day:huh:
    2.) cook meals 6 nights out of the week - I hit 5 nights that I cooked but that is better than the week before:drinker:
    3.) download a new book - I started to read a sample book but got interrupted too many time to get into it:sad:
    No reward..... need to improve
  • discobarbie1971
    discobarbie1971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Last week my goals were

# 1 in addition to my 5 spin classes I want to get some real miles on my bike, my first goal is to try and get out before work.....I'm not a morning person so this is a real challenge!

Result: did a 36 mile ride, but didn't get out before work. Must try harder!

# 2 get some early nights to help me with # 1!

Result: nope I didn't do that either!

# 3 lose 1lb, stayed the same for 2 weeks need to see some movement

Result: lost 1lb but then put 2lbs on after going away for the weekend, lost 1lb already trying to get rid before it sticks! Great weekend though!