Back in the Hospital

Options
capecodgirl50
capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
Hi All,

I ended up back in the hospital for a week (last Monday through Friday) after seeming to be doing well.

Could not hold any food down and was nauseas. Couldn't even get any liquids down. I ended up being dehydrated, and finding out I had a UTI (most likely from the cathetar - never had one before).

Still nauseas but went back to work today. This was a huge step back for me.

I'm down 30 lbs. but having big trouble getting protein in.

Any ideas and has this happened to anyone?

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Pure protein premade shakes from SAMs club. 30 g of protein in the 11 oz size and thin, not thick and gaggy. Also has about 50% of your daily vitamins in 2 shakes
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear you were in the hospital for a week. Since you went back to work today, please try and take it slow and easy.

I just bought Fage 0% Greek Yogurt which is 130 calories, 0 fat and 23g protein. I take 1/4 cup of Fage, 1/4 cup of Dannon Vanilla @X Protein Yogurt, add some berries or not, freeze slightly. It is very good, gets me a lot of protein - usually have for lunch or afternoon snack. If you want it thinner just ad some milk.

Hope all goes well this week and you don't get too worn out.
  • thoughtaling76
    thoughtaling76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you were in the hospital.. Go glad that you are feeling somewhat better.. Someone suggested premier protein shakes from Walmart or SAMs really are the best..take care..
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you had complications. I did Syntrax Nectar Lemon Iced Tea flavor early on. Mixes with water so its nice for work just to sip on all day if needed.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    GNC has a flavored water that has 45 grams of protein in each bottle, Isopure Zero. It tastes like Jolly Ranchers candy. For protein shakes I prefer Syntrax Nectar. Love the Vanilla Bean and the Capiccino.

Hope you feel better soon.