Turbo fire back injury

Options
Dragana_S
Dragana_S Posts: 28 Member
Hi All
I just wonder if I am the only person continually injuring her back during Turbo fire?

It always happens in hiit15 or fire 55 fire drills. I pinpointed the cause of injury to the tuck jumps where you land with legs open and do "in-out-in" jacks after. If I skip those drills I am ok, then I feel I should try again (maybe my back is now stronger) and I injure myself again and again.
Am I the only one??? Anybody else with joint and back pain after fire drills????
Dana

Replies

• shantea2012
    shantea2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about back and joint pain, however my thoughts that it was normal due to the workout.
  • Dragana_S
    Options
    In my case I could hardly walk with back pain for over a week and it happens only with those in-out jumps. I could not move without pain, it was awful. Now when I skip that part I am ok.
  • FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yikes. Maybe work on strengthening your abs and lats for a month or so before you do that move, and then only try one or two instead of the whole set? I think it is FAR more important to stay injury free than do every move.

You could try pelvic tilts, sit ups and crunches? I tried core extreme in the CLX upgrade kit the other day and it had my abs pretty sore ... so did the TF 55 EZ from all the zig-zags.
  • Dragana_S
    Options
    Thanks!!!

I lift heavy weights and I have a national body building champion as my BFF and personal trainer. I do a lot of cardio as well and have relatively good abs (I could do better in the abs department). I do step, cathe, T25 and insanity but only this one move in turbo fire stuffs mt back for weeks. I now just do jumping jacks incited of that particular "in out" part. I was wondering if I can gradually introduce it or just skip it and not worry about it. Looks like no one else has problem with this so I must have weird back.
  • shantea2012
    shantea2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Usually for the in and out parts I do the low impact version to decrease it until I am more in fit.
  • FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Then just skip it or see a Physical therapist. A good one can identify in issue you may be having if you show him / her the move and they check out your body / back.
  • Dragana_S
    Options
    Thanks all:)