Crossfit pregnancy and delivery after a wod- I did it!

Options
atynk
atynk Posts: 400 Member
Well I'm happy to say that after I became pregnant with #2 I continued my crossfit adventures until the very day I gave birth. We actually had a bring a friend day, and I went to the 5:30am wod, then in the afternoon was in labour. Labour sucked as it always does, but this time instead of pushing 2 1/2 hours, I popped that sucker out in in 20 mins lol. Thank you squats! I was excited for the pushing part and kept telling my husband and midwives that this was what I had been training for for 40 weeks. Anyway, although my workouts were SUPER modified and something ridiculously easy, I am so glad I continued, as my recovery has been so great, my body looks almost like it did before I was pregnant ( and it hasn't even been a week) , and I only have 10 lbs to go. I didn't do paleo while pregnant but i def ate a ton of crap and junk. I put on 25 lbs and trust me if it weren't for crossfit and having a high muscle volume it would have been 60 lbs for sure. I ate and ate and could not put anymore weight on. So for those thinking about babies and wondering if you can still do your wods, let me encourage you to do so. Those days you just wanna sit on your butt and do nothing but go to your wod will be worth it after the baby comes. I have way more energy now than I did before. Keep on wodding!

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. There has also been two women at my box who went right up until they delivered. I had planned to but things didn't work out that way.

It took me a little while to re-adjust my views and goals. I had placed a lot of expectations on myself that I wasn't able to live up to and I took that hard. I'm not used to sitting on the sidelines (although I didn't exactly sit on the sidelines). I also really missed the workouts and social aspect.

If you can do it, great! Go for it. But it's ok if you can't either. We all have different experiences.

Congrats!
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this, so great to hear. I have no immediate plans to have kids but have no intention of stopping crossfit when I do!! Obviously the journey is different for everyone but I will be WODing as long as my body lets me, and then as soon after as possible. Well done, and good luck with the bubba!!!

Side note: there's a lady that just started at our box this week. She has a 6 week old little boy who is SO well behaved. He just sits in his carry seat and either sleeps or watches. A crossfitter in the making :P