Cinco de Mayo...let's get Ripped!

Options
tmjdunn
tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
So how did everyone's May 5th go? I spent the morning running around the playground with my sone and just got done with my Day 3 of Ripped. I took the weekend off to do a different workout and have a rest day. Felt good to get back into it today. So does anybody else love it when she talks about how it doesn't need to be perfect? I really like that snetiment as it helps when I am feeling like I look like a total goober doing some of the moves...I am looking at you running man. I guess i feel like her motivational dialog is better in this one...maybe it's just me though. Anyway hope everyone is getting a good sweat in today.

Replies

• rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Got my Day 3 done, it seemed easier today! Tmjdunn, I also like her motivation in this one and I like the cool down much better! So glad we still get to punch her in this one!!

I have noticed that my skin is taking forever to tighten up, does anyone have some ideas to help this problem. Am I losing weight too fast!? Would love any thoughts, suggestions, etc!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    My favorite quote from week one: Transformation is NOT a future state!

Day 4 for me and I think I'm getting better, because the workout is not easy...that's for sure!
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me. I planned on taking Monday's off but decided to rest yestersay my back was a little sore from the squat/overhead press. I've always had problems with standing overhead press no matter what situation so I do them sitting. I'm going to have to figure out how to tweak this workout a little. But feeling like a million bucks this morning so I jumped out of bed and got my Rip on! I like this cool down much better too. I feel the changes in my body which really amps up my motivation! We got this! :glasses:
  • Smix09
    Smix09 Posts: 12
    Options
    I did Day 1 of Level 2 today and let me tell you I wanted to punch Jillian in the face on several occasions. I was able to make it to the middle of the workout (with several breaks in between) and then had to restart the whole thing because I felt like I hadn't done it to the best of my ability.. I was wrong I did. The second level is just extremely difficult for me and I was using the modifications for every single move and even had to add a few of my own. But I made it! :drinker:
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of level 2 for me today. It was not easy by any means...I always feel better when I get my workout done in the morning though~
  • thanson563
    thanson563 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of Level one today. I don't know if it's just me, but I'm finding it a lot harder than the 30DS. I know I'm getting a work out, that's for sure. Covered in sweat when I finished!
  • Melissas9799
    Melissas9799 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Day 5 of level 1 for me, I increased my weights to 8lbs and then had to switch back to 5lbs halfway through. My arms were burning!
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Took yesterday off and completed day 4 of week 1 today. I am on vacation so my space is very limited and I only brought my 5lb weights instead of my 10lb weights (especially for circuit 2). I feel like I did not get as much of a great workout because of this and the space limitation but I still got to break out a sweat today.
  • agent85
    agent85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    day 5 done. i use 5lb weights for circuit 1, 8lb weights for circuit 2, and 3lb weights for circuit 3. hoping to bump up to 5s on the last circuit tomorrow! oh, and i use the 3lb weights during the punching and buttkicks cardio intervals. this dvd is hard!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Today was my 5th day of week one. My quads are killing me, but otherwise, I feel great. I really see the improvement over the past 6 days. I'm planning another "rest" day tomorrow, but only because I do a C25K program on Wednesday's after work, and so don't want to be too sore from my morning work out and not be able to run.

Hope everyone is sticking with it. It gets harder, but then we get better. And it's soo worth it!!
  • educatyion
    educatyion Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    day 4 complete for me. needed the rest day yesterday as I was sore. Nice to get back in today. I lifted higher with some of the weights and sunk into the squat pose deeper. Good luck to all for the remaining week!