exercise??

Options
SSAHM
SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
Just curious if you ladies do all your exercise in one go or break it down into sections throughout the day.

Replies

• tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Break it up. One daily workout bigger than the rest.
  • SSAHM
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking. What do you break yours down too?
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I do it all at once. 30-60 minutes of walking, yoga, or DVD. Sometimes I add a 10 minute evening walk after dinner (maybe 3x/week).
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    To be perfectly honest, I actually haven't been exercising at all for about a week now. It has been getting hot here (we have already hit 100°) and I have just been so tired and haven't been up to it :'(

Prepregnancy - I would work out in the morning upon waking up. It energized me and helped me wake up for the day. Every day is different. And, I don't mean Day 1, legs then Day 2, core.... Boring! I realized very early on that if I were going to try to make myself stick to some boring workout routine, I was going to give up. I don't do boring. So, each day something different meant hiking, swimming, shoveling in a friend's yard, etc... I would do something physically exerting every morning. My favorite was hiking. Then, I would do my 1mile walk each weekday at lunch time while at work (perk of the job, I actually HAVE to walk during lunch time.) Then, I would do something with my daughter at 4pm each day. This activity changed drastically too but the most common was helping her with her running. Then, if I wanted to fit in any calisthenics I would break them up into tiny chunks throughout the day (because I am a wuss and can't do a lot of them in one sitting.) Wash dishes, 10 curlups, change laundry, 10 curlups, water garden, 10 curlups ... This is the only way I could get 100 curlups done. There is no way I could do them all at once.

During pregnancy - I didn't do much of anything until well into second trimester. Morning sickness and exhaustion got the best of me. I continued to do my 1 mile walk at lunch time every day though. About 5 months I got back into it a little but quickly realized my body couldn't do what it used to. I took it slow and only did what I felt like, didn't push myself too hard. A lot of the days I would just walk for my morning and after school activity, along with walking at lunch too. About a week ago, I quit doing everything. I didn't even do my lunchtime walk today :(
  • SSAHM
    Options
    Oh I know how hard it is to get motivation to exercise in pregnancy with everything else going on. I haven't exercised for ages now. That's why I thought I would ask wjat everyone else does. 3x20min walks a day seems so much easier and less daunting then 1hr on the treadmil, and less boring lol. Plus I can fit it in around my kids easier. Just thought I'd see who else did it that way and if it still helped them keep weight off prepare body for Labour and that kind of stuff. I've also been trying to do little bits of calisthenics here and there lol. I really wanna get back into doing my Tracey Anderson dvd
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If I can afford to break it up, I do. But given the fact that I am outside the house most of the day, I squeeze that one hour of walking between laundry and preparing the next day's lunch or some other chore I do around the house.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've had my baby now, but I used to do all my exercise in one go. I worked 3 days a week (as a teacher) until 35 weeks, and I have 2 kids already, so didn't really have time to break it down. I used to just go to the gym to do a class, or a gym session for an hour.

I did go for walks too, usually with one or both kids (and hubby) or on my own at the end.

I did my last aerobics class at 37+6. Towards the end of that class, when I was doing some weights sitting on the gym ball, my vision went a bit funny, so I decided then was a good time to stop at the gym!

I was 11 days overdue in the end, but went for short walks most days.