Check in May 6, 2014

Options
julieworley376
julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
Good morning! And so far it really is. Feeling a bit dizzy and queasy but I expect that to pass as soon as I finish breakfast, I take my meds in the morning and left eating breakfast a bit late today. The usual is shredded wheat, banana and half a cup of greek honey yogurt. That sets up my day and gives me everything I need.

No classes planned today but I am helping my Boss set up for a conference we are doing tomorrow so that will be some exercise. I am feeling good today.

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Claudie mentioned this woman as a role model and I wanted to share a link. http://ernestineshepherd.net/?page_id=2

She is 75 and in the best shape of her life after getting healthy at age 56!
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    What an awesome woman. Proof it is never too late.

I am about to start work, (just part time from home right now, eventually I will go back to teaching) after dropping my son off to preschool. I love Spring soooooo much! We have long winters here in Quebec and this one went on for 6 months so it is nice to leave the house in just a light jacket, breath in air that doesn't freeze the lungs and not have to watch my every step as the combination of weight and clumsiness on ice is not fun! Today is going to be a good day, I can already feel it. Hope everyone else's day goes well, will come back later :)
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Claudie mentioned this woman as a role model and I wanted to share a link. http://ernestineshepherd.net/?page_id=2

She is 75 and in the best shape of her life after getting healthy at age 56!

So Inspiring! I love their names - Ernestine and Velvet! I also like their attitudes - I don't think I would be laughing if I saw myself in a bathing suit right now!

I am up early - lots of work today but I am feeling good. I am noticing that I am not so overwhelmingly hungry these days (i think there is something to the toxic hunger theory) and I am kinda looking forward to my walk today!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, productive day and take a few minutes to be nice to yourself!
  • julieworley376
    Options
    That link is fabulous!!! What an awesome inspiration.. I want to BE her at that age. We can do this guys.

And by the way, if you are not feeling so positive today that's okay too.. that is what we are here for.. to lift each other.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Wow...honestly, I wasn't feeling so positive when I first came here, but that story made my heart swell. What an awesome woman!

I am not much of a breakfast eater, I was going to try and force myself to start eating it, but I notice when I do, I am hungry all day long. I don't usually start getting hungry until 11:30 or so.

I hope today will be a great day.
  • julieworley376
    Options
    I think the first question I want to ask is.. what does your happy look like? I know you edited it but I caught it first! LOL

What has made a big difference to me is eating healthy foods, sleeping right - including the CPAP machine - and getting sodium under control. My body is feeling the benefits of those simple things.

Don't feel bad about not eating breakfast.. this really is not one size fits all, if you don't want breakfast till that time, don't have it!
  • tishtash77
    Options
    Just a fly by, but saw what you said about breakfast and just wanted to say something about it. I do think spreading out our calories is a good idea imo, but when you chose to have your first meal is up to you and you should totally base it on what works, and whether you are hungry! I used to be a night person, as in unless I was working I would stay up till 2am get up around 10, 11am. There is no way I could have my dinner at 6pm and then not eat for that 8 hours I was up still! So I had to change my meals around, thought of my lunch as my breakfast, my evening meal was my still my main meal but then I had a light meal to eat around 10pm. With snacks in between. Now with my DS at school and getting part time work I have to switch back to more traditional times, but only because it works for me. Don't feel like you HAVE to eat breakfast as soon as you are up just because THEY say so ;)
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Wow...honestly, I wasn't feeling so positive when I first came here, but that story made my heart swell. What an awesome woman!

I am not much of a breakfast eater, I was going to try and force myself to start eating it, but I notice when I do, I am hungry all day long. I don't usually start getting hungry until 11:30 or so.

I hope today will be a great day.

I'm not a breakfast eater either, but my nutritionist and eating disorder shrink encourage it. Their. L premise is that you need to wake up the digestive system after sleep. If I can't face breakfast, I drink an Atkins protein shake or eat leftover protein from supper. No carbs though or I will be starving all day. This v has really helped and kept me from over eating in the evening.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Well my day is over now here...put in a full day of work, walked a lot at work and ate well. I have a weigh in on Friday and will hit my goal...so I am doing my 'happy dance' now!!! Hope you all have a great day!! I am off to bed soon!!
  • debunny34
    debunny34 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Checking in for just a minute before I go eat lunch lol. Heather I know how that is. I am not a big breakfast eater either, so I just end up eating a piece of lower carb diet bread from Sara Lee and smear some peanut butter on it to hold me until lunch. My husband will cook a full course bfast for himself on the weekends and even the smell bothers me!! I love bacon and eggs, just not early in the morning lol. Do what works for you though :) It is your body and you know it better than anyone else :)

BB in a bit to read that posted article in here that everyone is talking about lol
  • blondageh
    Options
    :laugh: I actually make my husband and daughter a full spread breakfast every weekend. That is why you will see some breakfast in my diary, especially on weekends. You will see me sneak some bacon in here or there. It's because I eat their's while I am cooking It is meant for them, but holy cow, the smell. Yeah, it is definitely one of those that smells so much better than it tastes.

I have been having that convo with my husband a lot lately. It is totally one sided because he has never "detoxed" in his life to understand, but I think after about a month of lowfat/ low processed foods, your taste buds change so that certain foods may still smell really good, but not taste so good. For me it has been, 1. McDonalds French Fries (Or any fast Food fries) 2. Popcorn 3. Pizza 4. Bacon.

All these smell AMAZING, much better then they taste.
  • blondageh
    Options
    :laugh: I actually make my husband and daughter a full spread breakfast every weekend. That is why you will see some breakfast in my diary, especially on weekends. You will see me sneak some bacon in here or there. It's because I eat their's while I am cooking It is meant for them, but holy cow, the smell. Yeah, it is definitely one of those that smells so much better than it tastes.

I have been having that convo with my husband a lot lately. It is totally one sided because he has never "detoxed" in his life to understand, but I think after about a month of lowfat/ low processed foods, your taste buds change so that certain foods may still smell really good, but not taste so good. For me it has been, 1. McDonalds French Fries (Or any fast Food fries) 2. Popcorn 3. Pizza 4. Bacon.

All these smell AMAZING, much better then they taste.
  • tishtash77
    Options
    I don't know, I guess I am not at that point yet, cos I still think that stuff tastes great too lol.

Well at my cals for the day, water only from now on, and an early night if those hunger or food craving twitches start up. Until tomorrow!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Checking in the group for the first time. Been on Atkins Induction (Extended) WOE since August 27th, 2013 so just shy over 8 months. Time has flown as it sure does not feel that way. Not really much of a poster but i do read and just amazed at how informative and supportive this and other forums are. Great inspiration.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Sorry my check-in is so late today. I don't find a lot of time on work days to get on here. A little moody today - TOM's here! Been very busy today and tomorrows not going to be any different. Blessings
  • debunny34
    debunny34 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    LOL I am not at that point either. I LOVE Bacon!!, just not early in the morning lol. :laugh: I WISH food tasted bad to me now haha!!
  • julieworley376
    Options
    I might well be the last check in then.. just looking in on the group before I go to bed. I went to the conference place to set up with the most awesome boss in the world.. and after she dragged me to the bar for wine and tapas. I had 2 glasses of white wine, half a plate of green beans in some kind of soy sauce (yep bad sodium there) an half a meatball with some crusty bread. When I got home I found myself thinking.. half a meatball and some beans isn't much soo... at which point I stopped myself..made the good side of my mind add.. you had wine too. And off to bed I will go!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Having a busy day, my last full day in Vermont. We are eating like kings on hand raised organic beef and pork, home grown canned veggies. Lots of exercise in the pool. Feeling good and happy to to read all the posts!
  • monmonof3
    monmonof3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i all. Great to see that so many had good days! I overate today and I did not get as much exercise as I had hoped that I would. Not going to beat myself up. Tomorrow is another day and another opportunity to get healthier.