Baby Bump Early

Options
I'm only 10 weeks pregnant and I already havea lil baby bump going on. Everyone keeps telling me that that's too early to be showing and its driving me crazy! I've already had 2 people come up to me and rub my belly (which I freaking hate! just cause i'm preggos doesn't mean my personal bubble of space has magically popped and you can now touch my stomach at will ..grrr...lol).I really want to get a shirt that says "I am not a magic lamp so do not rub me!A genie will not appear and I will not grant you any wishes!"

I know I am in the right week my Dr is amazing and the timing is right for me to only be 10 weeks not further along.

Anyways has anyone else out there gotten a baby bump relatively early?

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    im 8 weeks and look pregnant, but its because im bloated. you can start showing some at 10 weeks, but your uterus is just barely above your pelvic bone so chances are you may also be bloated too
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My bloat was terrible with all my babies and I looked pregnant from like 5 weeks on (for those that knew me, it wasn't like a stranger would think it). I actually bought maternity pants at 5 weeks with my FIRST pregnancy because my regular jeans were just too uncomfortable! The bloat went away and then shortly after I had a real bump. So weird.
  • burns429
    burns429 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm totally bloated and it's driving my husband crazy. He doesn't think I should have this much belly this early (12 weeks) but I'm barely eating at maintenance and have only gained about a pound so I know it's not me getting "fat" on top of baby.
  • jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm 14 weeks and have looked obviously pregnant since about 8 weeks. Some women just stick out further, faster, especially if they've had children before. It's a hard bump, too, not a lot of squish. I thought I was having twins, but nope, there's just one in there. I have big babies, and also my trunk is short and I think that has something to do with it. All the women I know with longer waists don't show as much.
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Each pregnancy I show earlier and earlier! This time (3rd), I was so bloated that I decided to just start wearing maternity pants right away. probably around 6-8 weeks. (I can't remember exactly now). I eat a lot of gassy vegetables, so I know thats part of my problem. lol But also, I think my body just remembers and my uterus starts to stretch right out! lol I was a little nervous about twins at first, too, though there is no history in my family. Just one in there, though! ;)
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    You need to take what people say with a grain of salt. 10 weeks is not 'too early' to be showing. Every single person's body is different and every pregnancy is different. I didn't show with my daughter until I was probably 20-25 weeks! I had already had my ultrasound and everything before I started looking pregnant. Now, with this little guy, I showed at 7 weeks!
    And, don't be afraid of just telling people not to touch.
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It's probably just from being bloated. I was bloated for all the first trimester. Then the bloating disappeared and i was able to zip my pants up again. then bam, the real bump popped. lol
    BTW, i too can't stand it when people try to touch my bump.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I was very bloated this time - my third - from quite early on. By the evening I looked huge. My jeans were tight by 9 weeks. Although when I told people at work when I was 12.5 weeks they were surprised and said they couldn't tell.

I didn't show with my first until I was about 22 weeks. I was waiting and waiting for a bump!
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of you today, have you delivered yet?
    I was very bloated this time - my third - from quite early on. By the evening I looked huge. My jeans were tight by 9 weeks. Although when I told people at work when I was 12.5 weeks they were surprised and said they couldn't tell.

I didn't show with my first until I was about 22 weeks. I was waiting and waiting for a bump!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of you today, have you delivered yet?

Not yet. 4 days overdue now.....
  • sunflower92630
    sunflower92630 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It definetly could be bloating and I am short waisted so really no where for the baby to go except out . Its hard to tell people not to touch when caught off guard never been pregnant before so never been in that situation (And some people are just so darn quick!!lol) All of my clothes are already tight so already had to get some maternity clothes and been sticking to skirts and loose dresses. Just don't feel like myself at all but I'm hoping that this first trimester blues will go away just been sick as a dog and all kinds of emotional rollercoaster which is completely out of character for me never been a "Drama Queen" so its affecting mine and hubbies relationship too. just venting.. sigh...
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    well went to the doctor yesterday and descovered why in really as big as I am, Im 3 1/2 weeks farther than I thought I was. I am 11w 3d instead of 8w like I thought :happy: I just have a "period" after I got pregnant
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Everybody is different, don't listen to the people who say 10 weeks is too early to have a belly! I didn't look pregnant (just thicker around the torso) until 20-22 weeks with my first. I'm 19 weeks with #2 and some days I look bloated, some days I sort of look pregnant. I have friends who had huge bellies early in their second trimester, a coworker I didn't know was pregnant until she was nearly in her 3rd tri (she's really tall and nobody could tell when she wasn't wearing snug tops), and when I met my massage therapist she was clearly pregnant but it turned out she was only 11 weeks. One size does not fit all when it comes to pregnancy!

Don't worry about venting and being a "drama queen". Pregnancy is a time of surging hormones and big life changes, it's normal to be emotional. I had several days during my first tri where I was a raging b!tch/cranky mommy, but it goes away. :smile:
  • AGIBBS80
    AGIBBS80 Posts: 24
    Options
    your not alone. I started showing at 8 weeks. I have only gained 5 pounds and I will be 12 weeks in 2 days and I started out on the cusp of being under-weight. My stomach is so out there! i totally look 6 months pregnant and Yeah it's annoying all the stuff about not supposed to show or gain in first.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    10 1/2 wks and I look 5 months- 3rd pregnancy. I started getting that bloated look at 5-6 wks. Oh well......there's a baby in there...not much you can do! I will never have a cute lil baby bump.