What's in your Lunch Box?

Options
julieworley376
julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
I pack my lunch every single morning from Monday to Friday. Tomorrow will be different, I will be at a conference all day and lunch is included but I do plan to eat breakfast so that if I am tempted by the breakfast buffet I won't do much damage.

Lunch really is my favorite meal of the day. It is the time I get to sit somewhere very quiet, away from my desk, close the door, get out a good book (Nook) and eat alone with virtually no distractions. I invariably have a sandwich on light bread, a salad, grapes and an avocado if I have one. I LOVE it.

So what is in your lunch box? What is your favorite meal of the day and why?

Replies

• Sporkstastegreat
    Options
    1.5 cups spring salad mix, .5 cups mushrooms, 12 black olives, 5 oz steak, 1 oz goat cheese crumbles and balsamic vinegar dressing. Om nom nom. My favorite meal isn't really a meal, it's just morning coffee. There's something about the smell.
  • shanellev
    shanellev Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Big Salad with some Grilled Eggplant and a burger from lastnight. :) and some mini cucumbers because i love them!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I actually don't know for today. I go home every day for lunch (to see my honey!), and I usually eat leftovers, but I'm temporarily burned out on our leftover stew. I'm dying for some tuna sandwiches, but I dunno what today will bring... I usually try to do well calorie wise...and I know I have yummy snacks for the afternoon back here at work - carrots, celery, hummus, etc.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Oops...forgot....favorite meal of the day? Probably dinner, simply because I'm not rushed, I get to sit next to my sweetie to eat and relax, and I usually know what calories I've left for the day by then - so I can enjoy without guilt...
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Lunch? I haven't even had breakfast yet.

Lunch is my favorite meal of the day since I don't always eat breakfast. It almost always involves a large salad, 2-3cups of baby spring mix. I slice up one or two varieties of local seasonal fruit to go on top of it, today i'm thinking peach and pear. I was also considering trying a recipe for cauliflower pizza dough but am not sure if i'm that adventurous today. Usually it's just a sandwich on two thin slices of Dave's killer Bread (of so good, whole grain, every ingredient organic, and packed full of seeds). Maybe an opportunity to catchup on an episode of game of thrones.
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs and 3 turkey sausage links with hot sauce (hot sauce is supposed to spike up your metabolism), And a big cup of coffee.

Lunch: 1 can Starfish solid albacore tuna mixed with 1 tbsp light mayo and chopped onions and pickles
    1 square oat Bran & whole wheat lavash bread with flax seed
    1 cortland apple

Forgot my greek yogurt that I usually have everyday, so I'll look for something to snack on later.

My favorite meal of the day? There are so many foods that can be eaten at any time of the day, so I really don't have a favorite meal of the day. I just love food!!!

Sporkstastegr - That salad sounds delish and very similar to one that I like, but with roasted beets instead of mushrooms.
  • Kitty70f9
    Kitty70f9 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    100 grams of rice, 100 grams of pinto beans, and an apple. I also had a banana, but I ate it. And a coworker brought cookies. I have already added the one I will be eating later to my diary. The ONE. lol. She brought a couple dozen. There's only 5 of us here, and we're all trying to eat healthier!

Edit: Oh, and some summer squash! Raw right now, but I will steam in the microwave.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Lunch today was a 1/4 cup grated cheese salad, with a lightly buttered whole wheat english muffin and cup of tea. I have water next to me too!

I like the evening meal as that is my main meal and I like finding new recipes and that fact for me it is a bigger meal. But DS is going through a stage where he takes 2 hours to eat and is fussy, so I would not say it is the most relaxing meal. Probably lunch too for that. :)
  • debunny34
    debunny34 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I will be having leftover grilled steak and asparagus from dinner last night. I was going to eat some leftover Dreamfields lowcarb pasta also, but decided against it since I am not really that hungry anyway and I am eating lunch fairly late today. I really want a salad now that I am seeing some of you all posting them lol. I need to break down and go to the grocery store and I have been putting it off lol
  • idlehands79
    idlehands79 Posts: 37
    Options
    For lunch I have a Ready Pac Apple Bleu Pecan salad and a Cafe Steamer pasta thingy from Healthy Choice. With a half cup of diced watermelon. My food diary is open I think, and I do eat terrible, I'm still trying to wean myself off of processed foods. I eat them too much and they're full of salt.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Today, I had tuna fish on pita bread

1 can of tuna
    1/2tbsp of mayo
    1tbsp lemon juice
    1tbsp yellow mustard
    1/2tbsp Dijon mustard
    2-3 tsp lemon pepper

stuff it in pita bread, or lettuce wraps. delicious!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I had:

3 oz Grilled Caribbean Jerk Chicken & Grilled Peppers and Onions (Left overs from last night) Yum!
    Pack of my daughters sliced Apples with Minnie Mouse on them.

The reason I fell of the diet train this last time is my husband got a job with me where we work 2 cubes down, car pool etc. He is a fast food addict and we would go out to lunch every day. I have to say, it is not the food I want, it is the escape. I enjoy getting out of here for an hour (or more) and just having a date with him. We don't really have a lunch room here at work. We have a conference table in an open area that people use, but that is just depressing. We live in Austin, TX and it is already over 90 degrees so eating outside is out. I just kind of dread lunch now. I wish we could skip it and just get off an hour early. Ugh.

My favorite meal by FAR is Dinner. It is the only time I get to actually make what I want and I usually have a lot of extra calories left over to make it good. I try not to eat crap, but I will make a chef salad with all the fixin's, that will fill me up.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I work my 40 hr work week in one straight shift. So when I left my home this morning I had in my lunch sack:
    3 oranges
    3 apples
    3 cheese stix
    2 servings of veggie chips
    2 servings of nuts
    2 granola bars
    1 can of chicken
    1 can of tuna
    8 slices of lite wheat bread
    2 slices of Bordens fat free pepper jack cheese
    I eat out a lot while working and use the items in my lunch sack to give myself a well rounded meal while eating at drive thru's.
    Blessings :drinker:
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Well no cauliflower pizza for me today, maybe tomorrow, i was just dreading the time it was going to take and i was already backed up with work.

I had french toast for breakfast. Two slices of Dave's Killer break (thin slice good seed), 1egg, 2TBsp of Soy Milk, some cinnamon and vanilla. For the hell of it i added 2TBSp of light maple syrup. Was going to have a pear but it was moldy.

had a late lunch so i poped over to the market. Picked up some salad, peaches and strawberry's for tomorrow. For lunch had two chicken garlic sausages with a little cheese wrapped in a tortilla (i love tortilla's). I was going to have a salad like i usually do but it was 4 by then and i was planning to do my walk at 5:30. Tried a new diet blackberry lemonade to wash it down.

Had a Cliff protein bar after my walk.

Who knows what dinner will be, no one made anything or went grocery shopping so its mystery night.
  • BodyByChipsAhoy
    BodyByChipsAhoy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been doing much of the same food so far this week.

Breakfast is 1 piece of dry toast, half of a Haas avocado and two hard boiled egg whites

Mid morning snack is the other half of the avocado and a piece of fruit

Lunch is a big salad with baby spinach, baby kale, 2 servings of croutons (1 serving is only 3 croutons! Crazy!), tomato, 2 oz of baked chicken, 1 oz of 2% cheese and 1TB of vinaigrette dressing.

Afternoon snack is a piece of fruit and either 1 TB of peanut butter or 1oz nuts. I also have my one coffee per day at this time with 2TB Coffeemate creamer (I usually do cafe mocha) and 1/4c chocolate almond milk.

Dinner is 3oz of the baked chicken, frozen veggies (I try for 1.5 cups or so) and quinoa (either .5 or 1 cup)

Evening snack has been a Greek yogurt. One night I did a smoothie instead with kale and frozen fruit.

I would have to say that lunch is my favorite meal because I love salad and unlike dinner, I'm not trying to rush around and feed my son at the same time so it's definitely more peaceful. :-)
  • idlehands79
    idlehands79 Posts: 37
    Options
    Went over on my calories yesterday at dinner, it was not what I had planned on. Today in my lunch box is an old school favorite. An apple, a ham sandwich on whole grain bread and some rice cake snack thingies. Lots of water too.
  • GC527
    GC527 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I had an oven baked chicken breast 4oz, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes with a tablespoon of gravy, steamed veggie mix, a small pudding and ice water :heart:
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Today was a whole wheat feta pasta salad. Yummy. Dinner is going to be a baked potato with tuna and either wax beans, or salad. I am usually not a salad person but the last few days I have been enjoying it!
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Today was Super Greens mix with black bean and corn salsa and grilled chicken. My favorite meal is probably dinner because I usually get to cook and eat with my fiancé and it's very relaxing, as opposed to lunch, which is usually at my desk at work.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Today is going to be:

Romaine Salad Mix
    Tuna Packet
    Olive Garden light Italian Dressing
    2 Hard Boiled Eggs
    Minnie Mouse Apple Slices