Check in May 7, 2014

Options
julieworley376
julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
Good morning! I am off to a good start. I ate my normal breakfast, I know there will be breakfast at the conference but for one thing we are manning a booth so eating will be uncomfortable. Second I know the buffet will contain cooked items and Danish pastries etc. and I know if I go to that hungry I will overeat and all the wrong stuff. This way if I want a snack I can have some of the fresh fruit, some bottled water and leave the rest.

Replies

• kilgore67
    kilgore67 Posts: 40
    Options
    Bump for later. :)
  • BodyByChipsAhoy
    BodyByChipsAhoy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of eating in a normal calorie/fat/carb/protein range. In preparation for this, last week I logged my food for 4 consecutive days and was shocked to see I was eating an average of 3500 calories a day, and doing next to no exercise. Now my limit is 1800 and I have managed to stay within that range (sometimes a little below). Taking it day by day.

I am feeling a little unsettled, but I think that's to be expected with this new way of eating. I think I am starting to have some physiological reactions to drastically reducing the sugar in my diet. Its a little tough psychologically, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Physically, I am dealing with a messed up neck and back (some of it chronic from lugging my 13 month old around!) and emotionally I am dealing with trying to get out of the company I am currently in. But other than that, life is pretty good.

I hope everyone has a great day!

~Becky
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Great start to your day Julie.

My DS is poorly this morning, he has had stomach problems since he was born which have gotten a lot better but still seem to cause him trouble now and then. Throws off my plans for today somewhat but I will work it out and getting extra cuddles is nice! Will also come back again later.

Morning to those that follow :)
  • BodyByChipsAhoy
    BodyByChipsAhoy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How old is your DS? My son had reflux and a dairy allergy that we discovered when he was a week old. Up until we realized what was going on, he was in so much pain and the reflux compounded that. He no longer has the reflux, but still can't tolerate dairy. He's 13 months.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Great day and Blessings! Another busy day ahead of me. Still not feeling well (got a bug on top of TOM visiting) my head feels like it wants to explode! But onward I go, its a work day - got to focus on the clients. Well wishes to all. Ill check in again later. :flowerforyou:
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Its going to be a busy, long day for me and I am already tired. I have to leave the Island which involves packing up everything I will eat for the day as I wont be home till late. I will try to fit in a walk at some point today - better remember to bring my walking shoes!

Have a great day!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Julie, you are going to do great at your conference. No icky Danish for you. Blech... I hear they put boogers in them.. that's what I hear anyways. :tongue:

Feeling so much better today then on Monday. Just not as dark and moody. Hope I can keep that up the rest of the day and week. :heart:
  • cekennon
    cekennon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great start Julie - I have 2 hard boiled eggs I am about to eat. Still having issues staying away from the candy and ice cream - kids were here and I could not resist. I am serious retaining water - feet are swollen - its very hot here and I sit a lot...Zumba again tonight - Not giving up and not allowing myself to feel bad. I have whole wheat spagetti fro lunch and and apple - If I stay on target today that would be awesome
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of eating in a normal calorie/fat/carb/protein range. In preparation for this, last week I logged my food for 4 consecutive days and was shocked to see I was eating an average of 3500 calories a day, and doing next to no exercise. Now my limit is 1800 and I have managed to stay within that range (sometimes a little below). Taking it day by day.

I am feeling a little unsettled, but I think that's to be expected with this new way of eating. I think I am starting to have some physiological reactions to drastically reducing the sugar in my diet. Its a little tough psychologically, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Physically, I am dealing with a messed up neck and back (some of it chronic from lugging my 13 month old around!) and emotionally I am dealing with trying to get out of the company I am currently in. But other than that, life is pretty good.

I hope everyone has a great day!
    ~Becky

Good job Becky!!! Taking baby steps....one day at a time. Stay the path.....YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I had a good day. Stayed within my caloric goal, putting in about 6000 + steps a day at work, and I really need to ramp it up to 10,000 a day. That is my goal!! cheers!
  • justme1002
    justme1002 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am new to this group but I feel welcome already. Thank you! It is helpful to read your comments and words of inspiration. I hope you all have a nice, successful day.
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!

Welcome Lady Coquette!! :flowerforyou: Happy to have you in this group of Amazing Women!!!

Finally, a beautiful day here in the east. No rain, no wind, lost of sunshine and warm weather (~70)!!! Think I'll go for walk during lunch time. I tried to do that yesterday, but found myself across the street in the Nordstrom Rack store.
    I wasn't looking for anything (right :wink:) but found these cute Nautralizer sandals and a silver bangle (early Mother's Day gifts pour moi !!:happy: )

This morning I made my breakfast and lunch, weighing, measuring and logging everything. I'm feeling pumped up for some reason. Maybe it's the adrenaline from last night. I didn't plan on working out, thinking I was too tired. However, I saw that I was nearly 3,000 steps from my mark, so after I did some housework, I did a little mini-workout and did some Zumba Step and jogged around the house and it felt GOOD!!

Come on catladyksa...We can do 10,000 a day!!! I even chased my two crazy cats around! That counts!:happy:

While I did that, I thought..."I could do this!" If I can run like this indoors, I can do this outdoors. Baby steps.

Have a wonderful and blessed day everyone!!
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi Lady :)

My son is actually 5 years old now, he has had problems with passing stools all his life though. It used to be every stool, now it crops up maybe 2 or 3 times a month. Doctor says it is not constipation, as he does go regularly, and just gave us suppositories and stool softeners. I try and keep him on a diet where there is not too much of the BRAT foods, and he has things like prune juice, but it still happens. This morning it went on for 90 minutes before he finally was able to pass something, in a lot of pain. He had not eaten anything yet so unless it is a delayed reaction from the evening before it is not an allergy. I hadn't even thought about allergies tbh. I may start an MFP up for him just to track his diet and see if I can spot anything.
  • momofthreeinwis
    momofthreeinwis Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I am new to the group and am excited to get to know other women and men in the same place as I am. I had a full assessment done on 4/29 and my BMI was 42.7...I am single working Mom of three young kids. I am working with a Personal Trainer who is monitoring my nutrition as well. I would love to have friends who have been where I am or are there right now and motivated to change.
    I do cardio 6 days per week and weight train 3 days per week but I don't enter this into MFP because I don't want it to throw my calorie information off. Right now my nutrition goals are to eat every three hours to get my metabolism running and to get 80 grams of protein a day while staying around 1500 calories. My weekends I can go up to 2500 calories a day and still keep losing. Hope you all have a great day! :happy:
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Packing up to leave Vermont and head home, boo! What a wonderful time. I love girl getaways! This morning I taught a water aerobics class for everyone. Turns out I have the perfect blend of enthusiasm and cruelty to do this job, LOL.

My food intake has been very good and exercise even better, so I expect a good loss at my weigh in tomorrow. Can't wait!
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    don't enter this into MFP because I don't want it to throw my calorie information off. Right now my nutrition goals are to eat every three hours to get my metabolism running and to get 80 grams of protein a day while staying around 1500 calories.

Hi Momofthreeinw,

Don't know if your using MFP for your calorie calculation and weekly calorie deficit goal, but if you are then the calculation is made with the expectation that you will eat back a good portion of those exercise calories since the daily calorie allowance it shows already has all the calories you need to cut out to reach your weekly deficit factored it. Any additional exercised logged will be added as part of your net with the expectation that you will eat them back to stay at your target loss, to avoid eating to few calories and make sure your eating enough calories to provide energy for the exercise you did. But since your using a personal trainer then perhaps your using another approach to calculating wich is fine.
  • monmonof3
    monmonof3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Just thought I would stop in and say Have a Great Day since I am usually the last one to log in at night. Welcome to the newbies. (Aren't we all newbies?):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Just thought I would stop in and say Have a Great Day since I am usually the last one to log in at night. Welcome to the newbies. (Aren't we all newbies?):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Haha... yes, those of us who have been here for a whole ten days are newbies too! I'm on the road and just ate road food--salad and chili from Wendy's--not too bad. 3 more. Hours of driving!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Well CRAP! Two hours away from home I made a pit stop and found myself in front of the" healthy snacks" section of the convenience store, grabbing trail mix and kind bars, and yoghurt pretzels. I know better--my eating disorder shrink has already told me that I need to stay out of the "red" zone of hunger and calorie deficit, which I was in. Add to that joint pain from driving in heavy traffic and fatigue. Then a bathroom at the back of the store, past the donuts and pizza and candy. I haven't logged everything I ate, but I'm guessing that was a mindless 2000 calories of snacking.

So, so so important to keep a cooler of proteins and carrots and celery etc. for a road trip, really.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: I just wanted to check in for a reality check!! Feeling stressed and overwhelmed, One of my clients passed away today. I instantly wanted to stuff my face. I even tried to justify it in my own head. I don't even know what to say. This has always been the worse time of day for overeating in general, but tonight I can feel myself shaking - I just want anything, everything!!!! I thought if I just got on here for a check in I would force myself to make the right move - away from the food. Once I put my clients to bed and the house is so quiet, all I can think of is food, food, food!! :frown: