Has anyone done introduction posts?

Options
Kitty70f9
Kitty70f9 Posts: 30 Member
Just wondering if anyone had introduced themselves, yet.

If not, I'll start. My name is Heather, I am 31, and my highest weight was 237. Currently I am about 220 (haven't weighed in awhile...gotta get my scale over to my new place). I got my diagnosis about 4-5 years ago. I was trying for a baby with no success. I knew I had PCOS, but I had to go through several doctors before they would even do an ultrasound on my ovaries. None would believe I had PCOS because my periods were regular (at the time) and I had one daughter already (took me 5 years to get pregnant). Finally a family friend who was a doctor decided to do the ultrasound after hearing our story, and the tech (who even said "I doubt you have PCOS") could plainly see how cyst-covered my ovaries were.

With help, I was able to have my second little girl. We have since decided to leave it up to fate to decide if we have another child or not. We would love a boy, but are just happy to have what we have. I know so many don't even have that. It's just still hard whenever I miscarry (three, now...two before my second daughter, one since), or when his family (he comes from a big Catholic family...he is 11 of 11) asks if we are having any more kiddos.

I also hate dealing with the pains, the unwanted hair, the acne....and so much more. And I need to get healthy for my girls. I have to be a better example for them...my oldest is already showing signs of the same old crap, on top of being diabetic (type 1). It is so important that I show her how to stay healthy and maintain a safe weight. So I am in this not only for me, but my girls, too!

Replies

• blairj1
    blairj1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm glad I found a group like this one! My husband and I have been on and off with the primal diet for a couple of years. When we do well, we do really well, but once we slip, it takes us forever to get back on track. Which is crazy, because we both feel so amazing when we're on track!
    My name is Julie, I live in Maine, I'm 28 years old. In February, my doctor told me that it sounded like I had PCOS...but she didn't suggest an ultrasound. I don't really like not knowing if I do have it or not, but either way I know I need to lose weight and focus on becoming a healthier person, so I guess I'll focus on that first. I also have a blood clotting disorder. It is nothing too serious, but because my doctor wants to treat my potential PCOS with birth control, I have to have a progesterone-only pill because estrogen pills have a higher rate of blood clots.
    Phew! I'm glad to be in a community again. Is this one fairly active with posting and stuff?
  • Kitty70f9
    Kitty70f9 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm glad I found a group like this one! My husband and I have been on and off with the primal diet for a couple of years. When we do well, we do really well, but once we slip, it takes us forever to get back on track. Which is crazy, because we both feel so amazing when we're on track!
    My name is Julie, I live in Maine, I'm 28 years old. In February, my doctor told me that it sounded like I had PCOS...but she didn't suggest an ultrasound. I don't really like not knowing if I do have it or not, but either way I know I need to lose weight and focus on becoming a healthier person, so I guess I'll focus on that first. I also have a blood clotting disorder. It is nothing too serious, but because my doctor wants to treat my potential PCOS with birth control, I have to have a progesterone-only pill because estrogen pills have a higher rate of blood clots.
    Phew! I'm glad to be in a community again. Is this one fairly active with posting and stuff?

It's actually been pretty quiet since I joined. But don't give up, there are definitely some more active groups around. The "Get Movin' May! Challenge" group is pretty active. Also, "Onederland by Summer 2014" and "#TeamGetOutOfThe200s!" are good if you are 200 lbs or over. Not sure what you weight is, but if you are over 199, we'd love to have you.

I'll holler if I find another good active group. Those are just my main ones at the moment. Check out the message boards, too.
  • LivingHealthyLove
    Options
    Hi Kitty and Blair! Welcome to the group! Sorry it took me so long to see your posts! The group started off really slow, so I assumed no one was interested! Ha. I'd love for this group to be more active, but I've noticed that most groups are slow. Folks just join and never look back. How are you two doing on your journey now? I have fallen off the paleo diet almost completely and am trying to get back on. I noticed it's very difficult after the initial hype. I'm 211 and hope to see under 200 by the end of October. I hope that you all are still interested in being active. I'd love to hear how you two are doing!
  • SingingDragon
    SingingDragon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! My name is Melissa and I was diagnosed last year, after having to convince my gp that I have PCOS. I live rural so we don't have a local endocrinologist and I have to drive 2 hours to be seen by one, so I try to do most of my own research and request testing to support the conclusions I have come to on my own.
    I also did Paleo for about 2.5 months and lost a decent amount of weight, but it was very restrictive for me, and I ended up falling into old patterns. So here I am beginning again, not on a paleo diet, but on a low carb, low sodium, low sugar diet.
    My PCOS amazingly never effected my fertility( I am currently 5months pregnant with my 4th child), but all the digestive difficulties and metabolic difficulties are present. I was 360 lbs when I came up pregnant, and currently 326.
    Good luck to you wherever you are on your path, ladies! <3