always cold!

Options
sealey0418
sealey0418 Posts: 8 Member
Hey Guys,

I avoid simple carbohydrates and watch my added sugar intake very closely.. I notice that lately I am always cold! I used to always be sweating.. now I am always freezing! I have a space heater and my co-workers constantly complain that I am like a hatching chicken egg and that it is a sauna in my office (yes, I have become that girl..) I also need the heat up high 25C+ at night in my bedroom to be comfortable... Anyone else experiencing this / can explain this ?!

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

I avoid simple carbohydrates and watch my added sugar intake very closely.. I notice that lately I am always cold! I used to always be sweating.. now I am always freezing! I have a space heater and my co-workers constantly complain that I am like a hatching chicken egg and that it is a sauna in my office (yes, I have become that girl..) I also need the heat up high 25C+ at night in my bedroom to be comfortable... Anyone else experiencing this / can explain this ?!

A few questions: What's your body fat % at? Do you have any other health issues? What are your carb levels at daily? Is it more pronounced at TOM?
    I have fibromyalgia so my body thermostat is not working properly, for instance, although it is normal to have a rise in body temperature after exercise - in people with FM it actually drops. My bedroom temp is at 16C at night, but I wear wool socks to bed and have a quilt, a cotton blanket, and a Hudson's Bay heavy wool blanket plus a sheet over me. I also have a little fleece scarf to put around my neck and shoulders if I feel chilly during the night so I don't get a sore neck scrunching down under the covers while I sleep.
  • aries1978tania
    aries1978tania Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You should probably get your thyroid checked.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    My office stays really cold so I run a space heater most of the time. I get lots of oven and sauna jokes too. Strangely I tend to get really hot for about 30 minutes after I eat and then it's back to cold.