Hello!

Options
hlbrennan
hlbrennan Posts: 39 Member
I guess it's just the two of us right now! I've always enjoyed green tea, and drink it all the time.
Plus, I heard that green coffee beans help in weight loss too?
I do know that I'm finding out that I can survive perfectly well on a lot less calories than I thought I could!

Good luck on your weight loss/fitness journey!

Heidi

Replies

• moleinahole1
    Options
    Hi
    I have just joined the site to help me loose a bit of weight :)
    I have never really liked green tea but i switched to drinking t to aid my weight loss and i feel like its really helped!

Do you drink the flavoured ones or just plain?
  • mushu0517
    mushu0517 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello there. I heard about it and I wanted to put the theory to the test. See you all at the finish line.
  • floka_oshka
    floka_oshka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've never really browsed this sight before, but I want to lose all the weight I gained these last two years. I've heard that green tea does help to lose weight, even if it doesn't, it might help me kill the mid afternoon sweet cravings I get. Good luck!!
  • dpersaud
    dpersaud Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi , I'm excited to join the challenge. Is there a specific green tea I should buy?
  • aem91409
    aem91409 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi , I'm excited to join the challenge. Is there a specific green tea I should buy?

I'm excited too, but have the same question as dpersaud, are there certain kinds of green tea that are better than others?

And are we doing any weigh ins or anything? Or just posting our success on here?
  • Kandis29
    Kandis29 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! Glad to meet you all! I love green tea and have not been drinking it like I should this year, so I am excited to commit to this. I have always loved the Tazo Zen Green Tea bags. Definitely be careful with your sugar intake, as most of the already blended varieties have too much sugar.
  • Kandis29
    Kandis29 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Also, if you have dark circles or puffiness around your eyes, don't throw away your tea bags. Let them chill in the refrigerator and use them as eye masks! It works really well!
  • kbudd63
    kbudd63 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm a big fan of green tea. There was a point where I was drinking a couple of liters of it a day and I definitely saw the results in my blood work, although now I can't remember if it helped me lose weight or not. But count me in.

I buy the Kirkland Sencha tea bags from Costco. There are different TYPES of green tea, depending on "quality", or the part of the tea plant that's used. Sencha is high quality, and the tea is actually green instead of brown like most "green teas" are.

I've found one thing that encourages me to drink more green tea is to brew a pot at a time, and to refrigerate part of it so I can drink it cold as well, instead of water.

If anybody needs instructions on how to brew green tea properly, just let me know and I'll be happy to help. If it's not done righ, it can leave your tongue feeling kind of "furry"...and this is NOT how green tea should taste!
  • Caitishu2017
    Caitishu2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I heard about green tea's metabolic affects on Pinterest a few days ago, and started drinking at least 3 cups a day (including any time I put matcha powder in a breakfast smoothie)! It's too early to tell if it's helping me to lose weight, yet. All I know is that I feel great (which may also be due to clean eating and exercise) and it tastes good!
  • cindagrif
    cindagrif Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love green tea and drink about 6 cups a day. I have a keurig and I use the Timothy's cranberry green tea.
  • anelily2309
    anelily2309 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge! So, what are the rules? I've never really been a big fan of tea. Does anyone have any recipes for green tea that they love? Like adding honey, etc. Thanks!
  • Chow1223
    Chow1223 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all, Im a big fan of alternate teas to coffee, so yeah, Im up to the challenge! I also drink Yerba Mate which is a tea from South America.
    To brew green tea, your water should be below boiling temp, I brew mine in my french press (using leaves, not bags) although traditionally it is brewed in prewarmed teapot. There are different types of green tea to try, one company page has a variety of green teas to check at @ http://www.adagio.com/green/ . So many choices, so little time! lol
  • moleinahole1
    Options
    So much enthusiasm!
    I like the flavored green teas that twinnings have such as cranberry and peach.
    Those smell good and are a nice change to plain green tea :)
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hi! Interesting concept! I love green tea! I have pondered this question many times. I am going to try and do this!
  • thisonewillwork
    thisonewillwork Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to give this a try too. Anything that might help is welcome with me! Has anyone tasted green tea icecream? I was in Japan a couple of years ago and had some in a cone. It was delicious. I'm going to use real Japanese green tea brand name Aoyanagi Green that I bought in an Asian shop. It is tea leaves and the instructions state:
    For 1 cup - 3g / 0.1oz to boiling water 130ml / 4.4oz
    Prepare water fully boiled. Place tealeaves and boiling water into the pot. Steep it for 30sec. Pour the tea to the last drop.
  • thisonewillwork
    thisonewillwork Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear how you make green tea. And thanks for the tip on storing extra tea in the fridge to drink during the day, what a good idea. I'll be able to brew a pot for the day.
  • krislady
    krislady Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in!

I'll have to stop on my way home from work, though, for green tea since I don't have any in the house.

With the warm weather coming (any minute now!), it's the perfect time to brew some iced tea, too. I think I've seen green tea in Earl Gray (one of my favorites).

Kris
  • hlbrennan
    hlbrennan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all, yes Moleinahole, I also drink Twinings tea, and I usually get the plain green, and also the "fruity" ones.
    I'm lucky that I prefer my tea black, with no sugar, so that helps with weight loss I guess ... Well, you'd think it would, but
    how come I'm so fat then? :D Anyway, I also know that green tea is also just plain good for you, with anti-oxidants and such.

So, good luck everyone!

Heidi
  • kaekencoffee
    kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, I'm in too. My plan is for 4 cups a day. After all these health issues, I'm 'starting again' and '50' is only a month and 1/2 away. Here we go! First cup now brewed.

Heather.
  • Antoinette577
    Options
    I have just started drinking Green Tea and will track the progress. I have been drinking it hot (Twinings Green Tea with Lemon) and adding honey to sweeten it a little. I also have been brewing the green tea to make iced tea. Thoughts on that?