Checking in May 7th

Options
cekennon
cekennon Posts: 44 Member
Hello!!!
So sorry I have not written anything....how is it going for everyone? I am doing so so - having trouble staying away from the candy and ice cream - seems to be around me everywhere - but the one thing I noticed is I am not speaking bad about myself and I still feel good and know that HIS power is made strong in MY weakness! - Thats what I know and I know I will get thru this challenge. Arming myself today with good healhy food and the girl who has the big bucket of candy is gone and took the candy with her for job fair - thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter what happens int he day the enemy will have you beleiving youa re a failure and dont keep trying - but that is a LIEEEEEEEEE - We already have VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• bombshellcertification
    bombshellcertification Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    We are learning about ourselves, our patterns, our body behaviors--deficits and strengths...its not going to be a clean path...each day is new, as is every moment, the key is the courage to start and keep moving forward toward optimal health & our best selves--with God helping us every step...Its so easy to get down when our body, mind or spirit is not functioning properly or optimally...but Rome was not built in a day. And there is much tweaking to get things ordered :) prayers help too.

its been quite the week of developments for me....was working out vigorous thought I was eating fine (though not perfect, check my diary would love feed back) started to get stomach cramping 30 minutes into cardio...progressive fatigue, anxiety and stomach pinching, night sweats and trouble sleeping. Blacked out on Easter for a few seconds...just thought it was stress--which I do much of--exercise is my medicine why it so fun & vigorous for me and it really does bust anxiety for me....so I look forward to it and give it my all. I always feel detoxed and blessed after a good sweat. But the cramping kept happening and then the panic...and exhaustion. Wound up in ER Monday, they gave me IV of anti acids?!! And my glucose super low. Then last night I had apt with nutritionist at gym to get my diet & exercise worked out and He told me upfront that he didn't know anything about hypoglycemia :grumble: and that was made clear as reason for appointment. He did take me through circuit and told me he was going to learn more about hypo as he never was confronted with it before....I started to crash during our conversation which led to more panic....and I had eaten small meals with protein....but still have no idea what to do. I made appointment this morning with Dr. for tomorrow for follow up. Last night while at gym I jumped on scale and gained 4 lbs!! I also had a BMI measured 3 weeks ago at 24.9 the gym scale said 30!! I have no idea what's going on...I know stress of unemployment and other things are not helping...just hope to get to bottom of it tomorrow....I getting so blue, all at once want to continue my exercise but at the same time cautious and going gentle....Ive been told that since I am not diabetic, or on meds there is another cause for Hypo... more.prayers please :wink: and thank you for prayers:flowerforyou: ...as I continue to learn and grow towards my personal best...God Bless us all with His help we can and will do this, Lisa PS love, love. love belly dance, its so womanly!!:wink:
  • asdfrr
    asdfrr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    cekennon= that is huge accomplishment to not talk down to yourself!! Don't take that lightly. If we all could get that part down, I think the rest would come easier. I know my bad days start with, "I'll never get there, might as well have that candy bar"/ "I don't cook like her, might as well make that unhealthy dinner, it's fast and easy". One of my biggest sins is wanting what other people want, it's realizing that God made us- GOD! He doesn't make mistakes. cekennon- you are fearfully and wonderfully made!!

My week- great exercise! I could be making up some pounds faster, but my eating hasn't been great.(but not HORRIBLE) just bluhhhh,. But each day is a new day. So far today I have made no food mistakes, but it's still early.
  • MichelleMP67
    MichelleMP67 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm doing good. Working out more than usual but that just makes me want to eat more. I'm sure I'll figure out the balance one of these days. :smile: Great news on staying away from negative self talk. It's not good for the spirit and does nothing for the scales. Take care and God Bless!
  • MichelleMP67
    MichelleMP67 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bombshell, Just wanted to let you know I've prayed and will continue to pray for you. It sounds like your current nutritionist needs a bit more schooling. Regardless, it is my prayer that the doctor is able to give you some help and answers tomorrow. It's just a suggestion, but I would focus on eating/exercising to the point where you feel healthy and not worry about doing too much. Weight loss will come in time. :flowerforyou:
  • cekennon
    cekennon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    THanks everyone for your post - Bobshell...will be praying for you and to them to be able to get you balance with the hypog.

Today - Thursday - I havent eaten any candy or junk food - I was going to work out (did Zumba last night) but from sitting at my text and the extreme heat here my feet are so swollen so I think I am going to go home nad lay with them higher than my heart so they can come down to something normal - Maybe Ill do a little Zumba in my house

Blessings everyone!!!!!!!!!!
  • bombshellcertification
    bombshellcertification Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your prayers ladies.....feeling soooooo not myself...and want to get to bottom of it...Dr. today, just gave me another glucose test (still low) and a Thyroid test--results tomorrow, today I was all screwed up with eating and drinking water...the 4.5 hours at Dr. office completely through me and my blood sugar off, Im so off...I moved 3 months ago, and share with house mates...the thing is there are two electrical towers right next to us...wondering if that could be really making me sick...Im visiting a friend and going to her graduation this weekend...will be interesting to see if I feel any different...and Im seriously thinking I may need to move...
    I over ate today because I got to the point where I needed to eat--and did. too much. Im starting to think mistakenly that if I eat more, Ill have more energy....Im usually such a naturally energetic lady...oppressed and wondering if my body is under attack..Im going to do some serious rebuking tonight...Be Blessed Ladies
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm doing good, however I need prayers to get more motivated. I'm a single Mom of 2 wonderful children 8 & 10 (we adopted each other)...by the time we get home and eat then do homework, make sure they are bathed & have things ready for the next day, I don't want to do anything. I have the time its just actually moving.
  • Binnee95
    Binnee95 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Praying for all of you! I am so hoping that everything is getting better for you Bombshell and I hope that God is blessing you with the motivation that you need 2jayjaysmom!