Week 1 checkin

Options
certaincity
certaincity Posts: 4 Member
The challenge started last wednesday so I figured we could go ahead and check in with our current progress.

I started at 313.0 last Wednesday. Today I weigh 306.2 for a weight loss of 6.8 lbs and 31.2 lbs until my goal weight for the end of the challenge.

Replies

• bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Thats great . I started at 236 and I am now 232.6. You are beating me ! :)
  • sherryowenspatterson
    Options
    Down 7 lbs ! my first week :)
  • Eatsomethinggreen
    Eatsomethinggreen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm still the same weight
  • 4Titaa
    4Titaa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It is so good to hear how well everyone is doing!!! very proud of u guys :^)
    I started at 198.2 lbs current weight is 196 lbs (-2.2 )
  • ggbun
    ggbun Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A bit late, but I'm down 2 lbs!
  • skinnylcs
    skinnylcs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well, I was sick the first two days of the week and ended up gaining 2lbs. For those that lost weight, are any of you using all your calories (even those burned during exercise)? I don't use all of my calories, but I don't leave a ton on the table either. I'm also interested to see if anyone has any suggestions in regards to using a Fitbit - it seems like the calories burned on the device are very different than myfitnesspal and I think I might be shooting myself in the foot with calorie intake.
    Thanks!
  • shess72
    shess72 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sinnyics, in regard to "I'm also interested to see if anyone has any suggestions in regards to using a Fitbit - it seems like the calories burned on the device are very different than myfitnesspal and I think I might be shooting myself in the foot with calorie intake."

I highley recommend using and HRM and going with that amount as far as calories burned. I use a Polar FT4 that I bought off Amazon and I love it! I was shocked at the difference between what I was really burning and what MFP was suggesting. Some of the MFP calories burned were way overflated and some were way under. I think it is to hard to have a generic calorie burn when everyone is a different size and activity level. As far as eating back calories.... that whole thing confuses me as well. I try to eat back about half the calories that I burn. I am not loosing weight super fast but I am loosing steadily and am happy with the lifestyle changes I am making. Remember not to go to low on your calorie intake because that can be just as bad as eating to far over. When I had my calories set at 1200 I was not loosing at all. I upped it to 1400 and started a pretty steady loss. Hope this helps a little. Good luck, you got this!
  • Arein70
    Arein70 Posts: 43
    Options
    I dropped two pounds since I joined. :)
  • skinnylcs
    Options
    Great job :smile:
  • skinnylcs
    Options
    Shess72 - thanks for the information!! :smile: I'll just keep moving forward.
  • Berrysweetmama
    Berrysweetmama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I've lost any weight because I have an old scale and my weight really fluctuates from day to day, but I feel better and my clothes are starting to feel more comfortable. Still working on trying to get up at 5 am to run everyday... but I have been making an effort to get some form of exercise.